|Get jobs on your |
|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Location:||Johannesburg, Illovo Boulevard, Sandton|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
Job descriptionNow Media (Pty) Ltd, the largest travel trade publisher in Africa, has been committed to promoting travel and trade in the Southern African region since 1953. Based in Illovo, Johannesburg, Now Media prides itself on being an innovator of cutting-edge promotional products for the freight, travel and tourism industries. See more at: http://www.nowmedia.co.za
Now Media is looking for an energetic HR Generalist (with a generalist background) to join our medium-sized, family-owned company. If you have a sense of humour, are organised, solutions-focused, passionate about people and able to multitask, you may be the right fit!
The person’s primary responsibilities will be the smooth running of the HR department which includes all administrative and operational duties in the department, as well as providing the business unit managers with an expert HR consulting service.
- Inspire staff to live the Now Media values
- Research and assist in implementing training and specialised in-house training.
- Keep HR Administration up to date
- Provident Fund
- Medical Aid
- Health and Safety
- IR-related issues
- VIP Payroll System
- Assisting line managers in recruitment and selection
- Skills development
- Act as link between management and employees regarding queries and inputs from employees.
- Ensure that something is done on staff members’ birthdays, Valentine’s Day, Easter, Spring Day, Casual Day and other important dates
- Become involved in more socially conscious projects – help staff choose charities to donate fundraising to.
- Encourage staff and social committee to ‘live green’
- All ad hoc HR projects
- HR related qualification (Preferably post graduate)
- Previous HR generalist experience essential (adv. in a management capacity) and IR administration experience an advantage
- Previous recruitment experience essential
- Computer skills – MS Office and experience on VIP Payroll System
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good work organisation, co-ordination and time management skills
- HR Administration
- Highly accurate and detail oriented
- Able to work quickly, methodically, and neatly
- Able to work with senior Managers and people at all levels of organisation
- Good knowledge of IR Procedures, Performance Management and Recruitment and Selection processes
- Flexible and have an attitude of 'how can I help'
Posted on 02 Oct 09:45