- IT and the green economy identified as future-orientated businesses in South Africa
- Fight counter-productive workplace behaviour through employee engagement
- Why support is vital to entry-level employee retention
|Get jobs on your |
Events Content Producer/Editor
|Remuneration:||negotiable Basic salary|
Job descriptionCapeTownMagazine.com is the Mother City’s largest events, lifestyle and cultural online magazine, and is constantly growing bigger, faster. Every week, in keeping with our mission to unwrap Cape Town with you, we give Capetonians and tourists something they don’t want to miss. With a small, tight-knit team that’s on the forefront of content marketing and online storytelling, we change the way both locals and international tourists experience Cape Town.
Do you have the passion to find the smallest most unique Cape Town discoveries for 600,000 people per month?
CapeTownMagazine.com is looking for a dynamic mid-level events content producer and editor with a passion for digital content production, a massive respect for fact-checking and impeccable organisational skills to join our team and keep our events section the best in the nation. You will be responsible for managing the events workflow and for covering once-off events, getting important events and news online quickly, keeping an eye out for smaller, unique events and updating and creating partner events. We want a candidate who gets super excited about the idea of getting an event online quickly, then going on to attend it and collect or create great social media around it.
We are looking for someone who thrives on digital and deadlines. Who loves Cape Town and has their finger on the pulse in our city, is not parochial, but is interested in discovering and writing about what happens everywhere: in the city, the suburb and the Western Cape dorpies.
This candidate is a newshound and an excellent researcher, and not shy to make connections. He/she is a sharp and skilled digital content producer and writer who knows how to condense and pack the most interesting discoveries in tight sparkling copy. We are looking for someone wanting to make a mark and craft their career in a constantly growing company. We are looking for someone who is going to be a driver on our mission to help locals and tourists discover the city and dorpies of the Western Cape.
Our new events content producer/editor also needs to be fluent in and fond of social media (particularly Facebook, Twitter and Instagram). We prefer a candidate that is digital at heart and understands SEO. If not, you have to be prepared and willing to learn and learn fast.
Do not apply if you don’t have at least two years of experience in the online sector.
- Driving (sourcing, planning, assigning, writing) weekly and monthly events content
- Pitching unique, new and interesting events and news from across Cape Town and surrounds
- Researching, writing and loading high-quality, interesting and SEO-focused event informational and event overviews within a tight deadline-driven environment
- Managing and mentoring a junior and editing their work
- Conducting interviews and communicating with event partners and developing and managing positive client relationships
- Fact-checking and updating outdated events and events overviews
- Writing and contributing to other pillars, like overviews, new place, news
- Writing social media posts that promote online content, amplify reach, and drive traffic to the site
- Helping build and schedule a weekly/monthly newsletter
- Brainstorming and executing weekly activations for event partners with the help of the partner team
- Participating in and contributing to editorial planning sessions based on online trend analysis, relevant issues in Cape Town, SEO research and partner focus
- Attending industry events after hours
- Excellent project management and organisational skills
- Familiarity with and love for digital concepts and trends (particularly SEO)
- Passionate and skilled writer with the utmost respect for fact-checking
- Good editor
- Quick and deadline driven
- Social media fluency
- Solutions and processes driven
- An industry relevant tertiary qualification
- Must live in, love, and know Cape Town (especially what’s hot and happening)
- A minimum of two years in an online/digital position in the magazine or media industry
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Baseline SEO knowledge
- In-depth knowledge of Facebook and Twitter
- Experience in online publishing tools and technologies, with knowledge of Google Analytics
- Experience in content management systems is an advantage
- Computer literacy: Word, Excel, Internet/Intranet, basic HTML, basic Photoshop
- A willingness to travel
Send your CV and a motivation letter to (please use ‘Application for Events Content Producer/Editor’ as your email subject line) by Friday, 26 October 2018 to Att: Joonji.
Please note that if you have not heard from us within two weeks of sending your CV, you should regard your application as unsuccessful.
Posted on 11 Oct 07:39
Get job alerts for Content Producer jobs
- Digital Content Producer Intern, Cape Town, Highbury Media
- Digital Content Producer / Video Editor, Cape Town, Canal Walk
- Digital Content Producer, Cape Town, Constantia
- Partner Content Producer (Digital Writer), Cape Town
- Paid Media Specialist, Cape Town, Hellocomputer
- Social Media Specialist, Cape Town
Advertising, Marketing,Jhb: 011 883 5404
PR, Media and Digital
CT: 021 422 3590 www.adtalent.co.za
Recruiters & Career Coaches in Advertising, Marketing and Media IndustriesLynn: 082 802 4441 (Advertising/Digital/Media)
Jo-Anne: 084 200 1703 (Marketing/Sales/PR)