- Maternity and the workplace - is it time to relook at best practice?
- When working from home is not all it's cut out to be
- Applications opened for SA female entrepreneur challenge
|Get jobs on your |
Music Journalism Intern
|Remuneration:||To be discussed|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Company:||Music In Africa Foundation|
Job descriptionWe seek a journalism intern to join the Music In Africa team at our head office in Rosebank, Johannesburg. The intern will learn about all aspects of online music journalism and will be required to research and write news and features about African music. The intern will also learn about content management and work closely with the senior editor.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who loves music and wants to learn about producing top-quality content for the Internet.
- Write news and features about African music
- Cover music events
- Moderate content generated by Music In Africa users
- Social media
- Research, write and submit accurate biographies of African music operators (musicians, publishers, distributors, events, venues, marketing experts, music schools, etc.)
- Help create and send out a bimonthly newsletter
- Performing other duties as may be required
Company DescriptionThe Music In Africa Foundation’s website www.musicinafrica.net is easily the fastest growing information and exchange web portal dedicated to the African music sector, reaching thousands of people every day. With hundreds of contributors across the globe and thousands of musicians registered on the website, the publication has a reputation of providing reliable and useful information for fans and music professionals on the continent.
- Be a recent journalism/communications/media/English graduate
- A knack for the written word
- Interest in music
- Computer literate
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Punctuality and being able to follow instructions
You can also call +27 (0)10 140 1317 if you have any queries. The internship will run for three to six months, depending on the availability of the candidate.
Posted on 10 Aug 08:39
Get job alerts for Journalism Intern jobs
Advertising, Marketing,Jhb: 011 883 5404
PR, Media and Digital
CT: 021 422 3590 www.adtalent.co.za
Recruiters & Career Coaches in Advertising, Marketing and Media IndustriesLynn: 082 802 4441 (Advertising/Digital/Media)
Jo-Anne: 084 200 1703 (Marketing/Sales/PR)
Recruitment Specialists since 1989Rob Jones:
Tel: 011 465 9368