|Get jobs on your |
|Remuneration:||negotiable Basic salary|
Job descriptionCapeTownMagazine.com is one of the 60 best-performing websites in SA and we’re dedicated to guiding Capetonians as well as local and international tourists in making exciting and unique discoveries in the city and Western Cape province.
We have a very strong SEO presence, solid brand identity, one-of-a-kind internal methodologies and a commitment to forever evolve, improve and grow.
We are looking for a digital editor who can take our methodologies and brand identity, internalise them, then take everything to the next level by instilling our brand wisdom within our team of content producers to enable them to create content that resonates and ranks highly on Google searches.
You should have a passion for online and storytelling as well as for the city and province. You should love to investigate different angles, to create excitement for our readers and people outside the in-crowd. You are a firecracker who isn’t afraid to make big content decisions and who doesn’t back down from a challenge.
You are also an editing guru, with great experience in news and lifestyle content. You’re meticulous about grammar, spelling, style, formatting and fact-checking. You also enjoy re-crafting stories on a daily basis. One of your primary duties will be editing and proofing. Also important is that you have been a manager of people, can take charge and are excited by the prospect of teaching and instilling love of digital storytelling to young content producers. Our new digital editor needs to thrive in a deadline-driven environment, have a knack for generating brilliant content quickly, understand the role of social media in the online publishing industry and take pleasure in generating editorial ideas, enabling, coaching and grooming a team as well as a city. We also want someone who knows the ins and outs of SEO and Google Analytics, who can generate and talk to a report.
Duties: To map and roll out our mission and vision of Unwrapping Cape Town and enabling exciting discoveries around the corner for our readers locally and globally.
- Internalise the brand identity and methodologies and be able to coach others to create content with that precise framework
- Commissioning and editing content (from articles, captions to social) as required on a day-to-day basis
- Managing the content team in collaboration with other senior editors
- Proofreading content (articles, captions, social posts)
- Take charge of the weekly newsletter: making sure that it hits all the elements
- Be a newshound, keeping the magazine current in the online, social and front page
- Planning for and driving the content team’s creative output by leading creative/planning meetings
- Creating ‘best of class' content that is SEO optimised
- Ensure that format, style and design elements are consistent and correct. Check facts against source material, doing independent research as needed.
- Pushing in-house and freelance content creators in employing our methodologies and driving excellence
- Ensuring that copy is in line with CapeTownMagazine.com’s style and brand values
Company DescriptionCapeTownMagazine.com is the Mother City’s largest events, lifestyle and cultural online magazine, and is only growing bigger. CapeTownMagazine.com is a trusted friend enabling exciting discoveries around the corner. CapeTownMagazine.com's cross-media reach of 500,000+ readers a month on the site, as well as 188,000 followers (and 1.2 million monthly reach) on Facebook and 100,000 followers on Instagram (3.6 million monthly impressions) makes it one of the most important resources to locals and visitors.
- An industry relevant tertiary qualification
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- SEO knowledge
- Experience in online publishing tools and technologies, with knowledge of Google Analytics
- Experience in content management systems is an advantage
- Computer literacy: Word, Excel, internet/intranet, basic HTML, basic Photoshop
- Valid driver's licence
- A beyond nine-to-five mindset
- Strong editor and copy editor with meticulous attention to detail and factual accuracy
- Proven journalistic experience and a solid understanding of research methods
- Familiarity with and love for digital concepts and trends
- Strong manager and caring mentor
- SEO skills
- Keen eye for detail
- Familiarity with social media channels
- Excellent people skills and process management (well organised) abilities
- Professionally handle stress, and work effectively and efficiently under pressure
Please note that if you have not heard from us within a month of sending your CV, you should regard your application as unsuccessful.
Posted on 01 Aug 12:16
- Junior Copy-Editor/Writer, Cape Town
- Creditors Clerk, Atlantis, West Coast Personnel
- Senior Online Editor, Cape Town, Zonnebloem
- Junior Online Editor, Cape Town, Zonnebloem
- Creditors Supervisor, Cape Town, MPRTC Recruitment
- Group Editor, Cape Town, Milnerton, Century City
- Copy Editor, Cape Town, Durbanville
- Editor - Travel, Cape Town, New Media Publishing
- Video Editor/Videographer, Paarl
- Creditors Clerk, Cape Town, Maitland, West Coast Personnel
- Digital Editor: Technical Content, Cape Town, Viv Gordon Placements
- Digital Editor Manager, Cape Town
- Online English/Afrikaans Speaking Editor, Stellenbosch, Stellenbosch Central
- Magazine Editor, Cape Town, Pinelands, Southern Suburbs, Ramsay Media
- Junior-Mid Video Editor, Cape Town, Woodstock, Hellocomputer
- Editor, Cape Town, Observatory
- Assistant Editor, Gordon's Bay
- Fashion Editor, Cape Town, CBD, The Publishing Partnership
- Online Travel Editor, Cape Town, City Bowl
- Junior Accountant/Bookkeepers, Cape Town, Table View, West Coast Personnel
- Junior Accountant, Cape Town, Bellville, West Coast Personnel
- Staff Accountant, Cape Town, Woodstock
- Senior Accounting Supervisor, Cape Town, Woodstock, West Coast Personnel
- Senior Fund Accountant, Cape Town, Northern Suburbs, MPRTC Recruitment
- Quality Controller, Cape Town
- Accountant - SAP FI/SAP CO, Atlantis, West Coast Personnel
- Accountant, Atlantis, West Coast Personnel
- Qualified Accountant, Cape Town, Cape Town
- Management Accountant, Cape Town, Muller Marketing
Advertising, Marketing,Jhb: 011 883 5404
PR, Media and Digital
CT: 021 422 3590 www.adtalent.co.za
Recruiters & Career Coaches in Advertising, Marketing and Media IndustriesLynn: 082 802 4441 (Advertising/Digital/Media)
Jo-Anne: 084 200 1703 (Marketing/Sales/PR)