- These are the Top 10 African Innovators selected for SBC AfriTech
- Are you failing to prepare your workforce for AI?
- This is risk managers' new weapon
|Get jobs on your |
Digital Content Producer - Writer
|Remuneration:||negotiable Basic salary|
Job descriptionCapeTownMagazine.com is one of the 60 best-performing websites in SA and we’re dedicated to guiding Capetonians as well as local and international tourists in making exciting and unique discoveries in the city and Western Cape province. We have a very strong SEO presence, solid brand identity, one-of-a-kind internal methodologies and a commitment to forever evolve, improve and grow.
We are looking for a digital content producer – an online writer. The ideal candidate has to have strong writing skills, but it’s also important that they love creating targeted content about a wide range of discoveries, events, local businesses and things to do in Cape Town. And you need a passion for creating content that connects with people and sparks them to want to rediscover the city and province.
You will need either an understanding of SEO or a strong drive and willingness to learn how to craft content to compete for the top first-page Google result. We are more than willing to teach you if you can demonstrate a willingness to learn.
This job offers an opportunity to work in a fast-paced online media company within a small, driven team who have a finger on the pulse of what’s happening. Prepare to see Cape Town as you’ve never seen her, as we uncover not only the big news but also all the unique stories that expand and add colour to the city and province.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable skill in writing and online media. Good knowledge of all-around online content creation is essential: not just writing, but writing for online: SEO, social, working inside a CMS and working with imagery (some experience in Photoshop).
You will need a solid work ethic as well as being eager, organised, used to deadlines, and calm under pressure. If this sounds like you, apply below.
- Researching and writing content to brief across various content pillars
- Interviewing for reader and partner content
- Quick and fast delivery of news stories and commissioned stories
- Accustomed to working to deadlines
- A visible passion for writing engaging content: doing it fast, efficiently and according to in-house content needs and methodologies
- Creativity: coming up with and pitching your own content ideas
- Quick turnaround on brainstorming, sourcing, researching and writing digital content on all our pillars:
- Newsworthy content
- New places and discoveries in Cape Town
- New content/viral
- Themed content
- Partner content
- A good understanding of social media channels, esp. Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Grasp of CMS and willingness to learn
- Come up with strong efficient ways to grow content pillars and our readership
- Attend events and go on unique experiences on behalf of CapeTownMagazine.com and our partners
- NB: Passion for the work, the reader and the mission
- Attention to detail and deadline-driven
- Online writing
- Understanding and knowledge of SEO or an eagerness to learn our methodologies
- Good command of the English language
- Good research skills
- Working knowledge of social media channels
- Knowledge and experience with CMS
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- Be a strong team player who is solutions driven
If you want to be on board for the ride, send us your CV and a cover letter. Please note that shortlisted candidates will be asked to send through writing samples and will have to complete a writing test.
Send your CV and a cover letter with the subject line: 'Content Producer' by Friday 3 August 2018 to Att: Elvorne Palmer.
Please note that if you have not heard from us within two weeks of sending your CV, you should regard your application as unsuccessful.
Posted on 11 Jul 13:23
Get job alerts for Content Producer jobs
Advertising, Marketing,Jhb: 011 883 5404
PR, Media and Digital
CT: 021 422 3590 www.adtalent.co.za
Recruiters & Career Coaches in Advertising, Marketing and Media IndustriesLynn: 082 802 4441 (Advertising/Digital/Media)
Jo-Anne: 084 200 1703 (Marketing/Sales/PR)
Recruitment Specialists since 1989Rob Jones:
Tel: 011 465 9368