|Get jobs on your |
Direct Sales Executive
|Remuneration:||negotiable Commission only|
|Location:||Cape Town, Observatory|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Company:||Cape Town TV|
Job descriptionDirect Sales Executive
Remuneration: Commission only – own transport and laptop
Location: Cape Town, Observatory
Education level: Degree
Job level: Mid
Cape Town TV (CTV) is looking for proven sales performers whose self-motivation, passion and experience can aid in conveying the value of this premium product with confidence.
The ideal candidate should be a go-getter and have experience in the radio or television industries. He/she will have the ability to step in and drive CTVs revenue generation across the full range of our various advertising tools, including on-air promotions, events, advertising packages and advertiser-funded programming.
The successful candidate will be able to solve clients' marketing challenges creatively. He/she will be comfortable communicating about television programming and how television rate cards are calculated, as well as value-added options.
Other duties include preparing and doing a follow-up on media schedules, production briefs and proposals, and developing and completing all advertising and pricing documentation and sales reports.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain and grow existing client base.
- Identify, establish and maintain new clients.
- Build sound customer relationships.
- Provide excellent after-sales service.
- Meet and exceed all revenue and activity targets.
Company DescriptionCape Town TV - known as CTV - is a non-profit, community-based television station aimed at the greater Cape Town metropolitan area. Founded by over 200 non-profit organisations in 2006, CTV is committed to providing community access to the powerful medium of television as a tool to promote human rights, social justice and community cultural development.
We believe that access to information and the ability to communicate are fundamental human rights in the information age. Community television ensures that all citizens have access to the information and communication channels necessary to exercise their civic rights and responsibilities, to share political, cultural, artistic, spiritual, and individual expression, and to promote a culture of human rights. Community television has a powerful role to play in community cultural development as a means of enabling alternatives to the cultural values imposed on communities by top-down and commercially driven forms of media.
CTV is committed to engaging a wide range of community perspectives, especially those of groups that have historically been marginalized; to build a sense of community and common purpose, to promote healing and tolerance and encourage communication across barriers of race, culture, physical ability, language, class, gender, age, and sexual orientation.
The channel provides opportunities for volunteers and interns who have video production skills to hone and develop their abilities in the exciting field of television production. It also provides opportunities for NGOs, community organisations, educational institutions, sports groups and government to produce programming in partnership with video producers in order to inform, entertain and educate the people of Cape Town.
- Proven track record in business development.
- Good oral and presentation skills.
- Product knowledge: company and client.
- Research: Interpret and present TAMS, AMPS and online analytics.
- Minimum five years on-the-job experience or recent A+ qualification in marketing and sales.
- Retail/direct sales experience - a contact network would be an advantage.
- Proven success in sales.
- Experience in creating and selling cross-media packages (TV, website and social media).
- Previous experience in radio or television sales execution from start to finish.
- Proficiency with presentation packages, Excel and MSWord.
- Familiarity with Internet technologies.
- Valid driver’s licence and own transport.
- Marketing and/or sales diploma.
- Good interpersonal skills (team player).
- Great writing skills.
- Great planning ability.
- Strong time-management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Posted on 30 Jun 17:23
Advertising and Media Recruitment SpecialistsSandra Pope
(011) 640-7400 www.primeselect.co.za
Advertising, Marketing,Jhb: 011 883 5404
PR, Media and Digital
CT: 021 422 3590 www.adtalent.co.za
Recruiters & Career Coaches in Advertising, Marketing and Media IndustriesLynn: 082 802 4441 (Advertising/Digital/Media) Jo-Anne: 084 200 1703 (Marketing/Sales/PR)
Recruitment Specialists since 1989Rob Jones:
Tel: 011 465 9368
Advertising, Marketing, Media & RetailRoisin McCarthy
021 797 3426