|Get jobs on your |
|Location:||Cape Town, Westlake|
Job descriptionAre you a graduate with an interest in editing? Are you tech-savy? Did you spot the mistake in this paragraph? If so, then we’d like to hear from you.
Clarity Editorial (www.clarityeditorial.net) is hiring a layout sub-editor to help produce on a monthly corporate newspaper from our offices in Westlake.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Editing and adapting supplied copy to ensure alignment with the newspaper’s style guide and strategic purpose
- Generating original content as and when needed (including interviews and desktop research)
- Making copy corrections in InDesign
- Editing and proofreading for other projects, as needed
- Maintaining Clarity's high editorial standards, even when deadlines are tight
- A three- or four-year degree in journalism/media and marketing/similar
- Good editing and proofreading skills, with a willingness to learn
- A love of reading and all things linguistic
- A 'can-do' nature
- Good time management
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Drive and Adobe InDesign are a plus
If you have not been contacted by 15 November 2018, your application has been unsuccessful.
Note: Candidates will be expected to do an editing test as part of the interview process. The successful candidate will be subject to a probation period.
Posted on 17 Oct 09:14
Advertising, Marketing,Jhb: 011 883 5404
PR, Media and Digital
CT: 021 422 3590 www.adtalent.co.za
Recruiters & Career Coaches in Advertising, Marketing and Media IndustriesLynn: 082 802 4441 (Advertising/Digital/Media)
Jo-Anne: 084 200 1703 (Marketing/Sales/PR)