|Get jobs on your |
Media Relations Account Executive
|Reference:||#Media Relations AE|
|Company:||DUO Marketing + Communications|
A little bit about DUO Marketing + Communications…
We are a full-service PR and digital marketing agency for B2B technology companies in Africa.
We have an unstoppable desire to win, with an unrelenting focus on quality. We are straightforward, driven and expect everyone to take responsibility for their actions.
We hire smart people who are driven by growth, humble and hungry to deliver tangible, return on investment (ROI) value for our clients. We will push you to deliver for our clients and you will be held accountable for your outputs.
If you think this is a place where only the individual succeeds, then you are mistaken. Team - the tribe - is at the core of everything we do, and we take the time to learn from each other, support each other and celebrate our wins.
Most companies will tell you that they value the importance of a work/ life balance, but in reality, they don’t. At DUO, we believe that if you work hard and are effective during office hours, there is no reason why you should be working after hours and/or over the weekend. If you want a balanced lifestyle, it’s yours to create at DUO.
The job on offer:
We are currently looking for an experienced media specialist account executive to join our team in Johannesburg. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving excellence by conceptualising and implementing media relations strategies across clients. A key focus of this role is media relations and the measurement of success will be quality media coverage.
- Technology must be in your every fibre
- You must be able to self-manage:
- Quality of output must be at your core. Seriously… quality rules at DUO
- If you join our team, you will be given total control over your career and your success; don’t expect anyone else to manage this for you. You will need to have lots of energy, be personally-driven, results-focused, resourceful, able to deal with issues directly and willing to accept full responsibility
- The team is at the core of everything we do, so you must be someone who will never abandon a teammate and who is comfortable letting others win/ shine
- You have to be in it for the long-haul. There will be bumps in the road and success depends on your ability to adapt, be flexible, change gear when needed and be reliable
- Have existing media contacts and relationships in broadcast, print and online media
- Actively develop strong relationships with the media, as well as regularly update and maintain media lists
- Possess an interest in and understanding of what makes good content (a nose for news), how to identify a good angle and make a story go beyond IT trades
- Having an overarching understanding of PR and digital marketing strategy and be able to implement it on ground level
- Provide organisational coordination and administration support to the team on projects
- Perform research to support the delivery and writing of technology orientated press announcements
- Assist with writing of insightful articles and press releases for publication as required
- Source feature and profiling opportunities for clients and their spokespeople
- Time management and accurate reporting, ensure 100% completion and approval of all weekly and monthly reports
- Active participation in DUO, internal and external training initiatives
- Build the DUO brand through networking and attending required events
- Ensure a seamless working environment by providing effective cross-functional communication
- Prepare budgets for approval by senior account directors or CEO
- Proactively remain abreast of ICT trends and industry knowledge
- Self-study search in order to develop both technical and soft skills
- Actively knowledge-share with colleagues
- Act upon supervision and ensure authorisations are obtained
Please submit your CV and a completed DUO Marketing questionnaire (which can be found in the Company link above) to .
Posted on 13 Sep 14:40
Get job alerts for Account Executive jobs
- Account Executive, Johannesburg, Houghton
- Telephonic Accounts Executive, Johannesburg, Bryanston
- Senior Account Executive, Johannesburg, Ad Talent
- Account Manager/Business Development Executive, Johannesburg, Rivonia
- Account Executive – Retail Display, Johannesburg, Newtown, Scan Display
- Digital Account Executive, Johannesburg, Bryanston, Cardilogix
- Sales Account Executive, Johannesburg, Northern suburbs, Adlink Personnel Placements
- National Sales Executive/Account Manager, Johannesburg, Rosebank
Advertising, Marketing,Jhb: 011 883 5404
PR, Media and Digital
CT: 021 422 3590 www.adtalent.co.za
Recruiters & Career Coaches in Advertising, Marketing and Media IndustriesLynn: 082 802 4441 (Advertising/Digital/Media)
Jo-Anne: 084 200 1703 (Marketing/Sales/PR)