|Get jobs on your |
Account Manager - PR
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
Job descriptionOgilvy PR is one of the country's most successful PR agencies, having won multiple awards for the work that we've done. We work on multiple international brands and offer a dynamic, hard working and fun working environment. An Account Manager should be a broadly capable project and account manager who handles a wide range of assignments, projects and/or clients with a high degree of success and independence.
An account manager has demonstrated high-level professional knowledge and skills. She/he should be able to manage a piece of a large account or a few smaller ones, with top cover from her/his account director, business director, director or and/or managing director. She/he should have project management, budgeting, counselling, programme, people management and emerging business development skills. He/she takes responsibility for the projects he/she manages, providing excellent client service, applying the office’s best resources, effectively managing people involved in projects and managing for profitable growth. As account manager demonstrates the ability and wherewithal to deliver on our vision, performance requirements and growth projections. An account manager has strong client relationships. There is no time limit on the account manager position.
An account manager meets all the responsibilities and expectations of an account executive and:
- Manages client expectations.
- Develops and manages projects/programmes, including implementation plans, evaluation mechanisms, staffing plans, budgets and timelines.
- Independently handles several small accounts or major projects of a large account, performing much of the day-to-day work with assistance from both more junior and more senior staff as appropriate.
- Is client’s primary day-to-day contact on projects, or for smaller accounts, is the contact for the full account and has client’s respect, trust and confidence.
- Develops presentations for clients relative to project management/programme status.
- Keeps team(s) appropriately informed and involved in projects.
- Identifies and secures help on emerging account problems.
- Is able to articulate and apply agency vision, goals, practice areas, products and overall capabilities.
- Has full understanding of public relations and a demonstrated ability to achieve public relations objectives.
- Develops and drafts communication programmes based on team input.
- Understands business trends for industry segment/products.
- Develops his / her editing skills so that he / she becomes capable of directing the written materials of others.
- Oversees and directs media campaigns. Has established relationships with print and broadcast journalists.
- Efficiently and effectively plans and manages events (e.g., press conferences, media tours, analyst meetings, advocate briefings, etc.)
- Understands the creative process and how to work effectively with internal and external creative resources.
- Has established a circle of industry editorial, investment community, professional and/or third-party group contacts.
- Has strong presentation skills and plays an increasingly active role in new business and client presentations.
- Anticipates and assists in developing solutions to client needs and problems.
- Provides leadership in building effective, productive account teams.
- Develops accurate project budgets and monitors them effectively.
- Oversees timely development and distribution of bills and activity reports.
- Completes timesheets daily and otherwise acts in accordance with company policies and procedures, and ensures that team does the same
- Is familiar with, and supports achievement of, the company’s vision and exemplifies the company’s values.
- Routinely contributes to agency growth and performance as project, team, group and agency leader.
- Delegates effectively.
- Routinely recommends and implements solutions when problems arise.
- Assists peers in problem solving.
- Uses talents of colleagues in own problem solving.
- Routinely seeks and shares information with colleagues.
- Participates actively in team, staff and client meetings.
- Routinely invests in building agency and client accounts and resources.
- Works with business director to identify and address training, leadership and career development needs.
- Continually seeks new ways to learn, improve and contribute.
- Exhibits a sense of curiosity about client work and seeks more information and knowledge in response.
- Minimum three years working for a PR agency
- Financial Industry experience
- Strong writing skills
- A driver personality type
- A degree is essential
In alignment with our transformation strategy and client needs, preference will be given to EE candidates.
The Talent Team at Ogilvy appreciates your interest in the agency and thanks you for your application.
However due to high volumes of applications received we will only be able to contact candidates that have met the recruitment criteria.
If you have not heard from the Talent Team within six weeks of application please note that you were not shortlisted for this particular role.
Posted on 07 Dec 14:56
Ogilvy & Mather Johannesburg
We are a Johannesburg-based integrated advertising agency defined by a devotion to brands and a dedication to ideas.
Get job alerts for Account Manager jobs
- Digital Account/Project Manager, Johannesburg, NATIVE Digital Agency
- Account Manager, Johannesburg, Sandton, Offlimit Communications
- Account Manager - Marketing Research, Johannesburg, LayerCake recruitment
- Account Manager - PR, Johannesburg, Bryanston, Ogilvy & Mather Johannesburg
- Digital Account/Project Manager, Johannesburg, NATIVE Digital Agency
- Digital Account Manager, Johannesburg, Bryanston, Sandton, Liquorice
- Account Manager, Johannesburg, United Stations
- Key Accounts Manager- Corporate Gifting, Johannesburg, HR Studio
- Key Accounts Manager, Johannesburg, MPRTC Recruitment
- Business Development/Accounts Manager, Johannesburg
- Account Manager, Johannesburg, Randburg
- Key Accounts Manager, Johannesburg, Florida ext 3, Roodepoort
- Sales Manager/Key Accounts Manager, Johannesburg, Wynberg, Sandton, Lumoss Mouldings Pty Ltd.
- Freelance Senior Account Manager, Johannesburg, Northern Suburbs, Ad Talent
- Key Accounts Manager Assistant, Johannesburg, HR Studio
- Media Sales Account Manager, Johannesburg, Bryanston, Adlink Personnel Placements
- PR Account Manager, Johannesburg, Northern Suburbs, Adlink Personnel Placements
- Sales/Account Manager, Johannesburg, Midrand
- Account Manager, Johannesburg
- Account Manager, Johannesburg, HR Studio
- Digital Account Manager, Johannesburg, Illovo
- Senior Account Manager/Director, Pretoria, Irene
- Account Manager, Centurion
- Digital Sales Account Manager, Randburg, Open Door Recruitment
- Sales Account Manager, Johannesburg, Wynberg, Jetweb
- Attorney Account Manager, Johannesburg
- Sales/Account Manager, Johannesburg, Melrose Arch
- Junior Digital Account Manager, Johannesburg, Illovo
- PR Account Director, Johannesburg, Northern Suburbs, Ad Talent
Advertising, Marketing,Jhb: 011 883 5404
PR, Media and Digital
CT: 021 422 3590 www.adtalent.co.za
Recruiters & Career Coaches in Advertising, Marketing and Media IndustriesLynn: 082 802 4441 (Advertising/Digital/Media) Jo-Anne: 084 200 1703 (Marketing/Sales/PR)
Recruitment Specialists since 1989Rob Jones:
Tel: 011 465 9368
Advertising, Marketing, Media & RetailRoisin McCarthy
082 881 3556