|Get jobs on your |
Social Enterprise Account Manager
|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Benefits:||Flexible high-performance culture, lots of responsibility, lots of growth potential|
|Location:||Johannesburg, Dunkeld West, Sandton|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
Job descriptionPlease don’t send us a generic application. We will ignore any candidates that do not follow the instructions in this job spec. We’re different. You’ll see.
Forgood is a technology platform that connects people who want to make a difference – to the causes that need their help. At scale! We’re building and running the technology platform for the non-profit sector in South Africa (and eventually other developing markets). What’s more - we’re a proudly “for profit” social enterprise – and believe in making money and saving the world at the same time.
We need someone to join our programme management team – directly interfacing with large South African corporates as we design, customise and run their employee volunteering programmes, events, and strategic projects on our platform.
Go watch this. If it resonates, read on.
Note: Transformation is important to us – preference given to Employment Equity candidates.
You must want: To work in a fast-paced tech scaleup environment. We’re obsessed with delivery and getting shit done. You must want to deal with clients and be tolerant of a certain level of corporate bureaucracy (haha!). Don’t tell us you’re a 'people person'. People’s people never actually say they’re people’s people. They just are. This is not your traditional account manager role, we have a hybrid team with different strengths. A little bit of sales, a whole lot of client schmoozing, the opportunity to put your creative genius to the test, while at the same time understanding and hitting your performance targets.
You must be able to: Learn quickly, work fast, think big, prove yourself, leave ego at the door.
You must: Commit. We’re not going to sink blood, sweat, tears, time and champagne (our celebration method of choice currently) into someone who’s going to ditch when things get hard. You’re in this for two+ years or you’re not in it at all.
The role: Work in the team that manages our corporate clients who use the forgood platform. Reporting to the COO.
We take our client relationships very seriously. You will be building productive, respectful, and innovative relationships with up to six of them.
- Attend client status meetings, generate and create reports.
- Crisis manage and problem solve any issues that arise
- Provide training to new and existing clients. Confidence and presentation skills are critical.
- Provide strategic input into the design of employee volunteering programmes and the customisation of our platform.
- Reporting on monthly traffic, behaviour and insights. Invent and execute tactics based on these insights.
- Create, pitch, manage and report on client events and campaigns.
- Work with our community team to ensure that our client’s causes (charities) are happy and responsive.
- Work with product management and development team to concierge employee experiences and and provide feedback on user experience.
- Continuously use, test, and execute client strategies on our platform.
Company DescriptionSA's biggest corporate and public volunteering platform! We connect people who want to make a difference - to the Causes that need their help...
RequirementsQualifications and experience required
- A tertiary qualification. If you don’t have a degree, prove to us why you don’t need it.
- Three to six years' client facing/client management experience. Don’t cheat on this one – the ability to schmooze and delivery excellent client-facing work takes a bit of practice.
- Event management/activation experience very preferable. We need all-rounders that are multi-skilled and can handle many balls in the air!
- Comfortable in a tech environment. We’re serious about this. You need to love the internet, be fluent in online platforms and understand your URL from your Excel (actually, you need to understand a lot more than that – but you get our point!)
- Strong writing, editing, creative and communications skills.
- Marketing and 'selling' skills. You’re selling us by supporting our clients.
- Any social sector experience = bonus but not necessary. We're more interest in high-performance capitalists that want to create some meaning in the world.
Too many people in South Africa just click apply on every job that’s out there. That doesn’t work with us because it doesn’t show that you care. It doesn’t tell us that you really want this role. And we only want to hear from people who really want this role. You gotta do your research and put some effort in – or rather don’t. We’re passionate about this, right?
Please answer these questions. We’ll request CVs from the best answers.
1. Go find out who we are. Google stalk us. Go deep. Think about whether you really want to work here. Then answer this: why do you want to work here?
2. What is your worst client experience so far?
3. How do you keep 100 things going at once, keep your cool, and keep showing value to your clients?
4. Do you prefer well-established projects that run smoothly or ‘problem child’ projects that need to be turned around?
5. We’ll get tons of great candidates. Tell us one thing you’ve done in your life that should make us interested in you.
When you send this info – send it with the same level of quality you’d use when engaging with our clients and their employees.
Salary: negotiable. But we believe in growing people quickly. You deliver, you contribute to revenue, you keep growing, you can earn whatever you want.
Posted on 08 Nov 15:29
Get job alerts for Account Manager jobs
- Junior Account Manager, Johannesburg, Woodmead, Sandton
- Account Manager, Johannesburg, Rivonia, Sandton
- Traffic Manager/Account Manager, Johannesburg, North Riding
- Account Manager, Johannesburg, Ogilvy & Mather Johannesburg
- Client Services Account Manager, Sandton, Cardilogix
- Account Manager, Johannesburg, Rivonia
- Digital Account/Project Manager, Johannesburg, VML South Africa Recruiter
- Digital Account Manager, Johannesburg, Illovo
- PR Account Manager, Johannesburg, Illovo
- Junior Account Manager/Account Executive, West Rand, Cardilogix
- Client Services Account Manager - TTL, Johannesburg, Cardilogix
- Mid-Senior Account Manager, Johannesburg, Sandton Area
- Account Manager, Johannesburg, Houghton Estate
- Marketing Account Manager, Johannesburg, Longmeadow
- Account Manager, Johannesburg, Fourways
- Engineering Writer/Account Manager, Johannesburg, Northriding
- PR Account Director, Johannesburg, Northern Suburbs, Ad Talent
Advertising, Marketing,Jhb: 011 883 5404
PR, Media and Digital
CT: 021 422 3590 www.adtalent.co.za
Recruiters & Career Coaches in Advertising, Marketing and Media IndustriesLynn: 082 802 4441 (Advertising/Digital/Media)
Jo-Anne: 084 200 1703 (Marketing/Sales/PR)