|Get jobs on your |
Public Relations Manager
|Remuneration:||R604494 - R604495 per year negotiable Cost to company|
|Location:||Cape Town, Parow|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
|Company:||South African Medical Research Council (SAMRC)|
The South African Medical Research Council (SAMRC) strives to improve the nation’s health and quality of life by funding and conducting relevant and leading health research. It further aims to promote equity, career development and progression. The organisation prides itself on three core values: being pioneering, striving for excellence and working collaboratively.
The South African Medical Research Council seeks to appoint an experienced and qualified public relations manager as part of the corporate and marketing communications team. The role would suit a driven professional, a multitasker with an eye for detail who can navigate media, corporate communications, and public outreach activities.
About the role:
Together with the marketing team, you will implement the communication and public outreach plan, enhance PR/media exposure while ensuring effective messaging for the brand; write and edit key publications such as the annual report and promote the organisation through online and offline channels.
- Facilitate, collaborate, or coordinate public outreach activities
- Play key role in public outreach activities
- Identify public outreach touchpoints and get buy-in from internal stakeholders for participation
- Involvement in research translation activities
- Address media queries while working closely with the media officer
- Communications planning and coordination for stakeholder engagements such as conferences and exhibitions
- Write or edit print and digital content
- Public relations management
- Organisational change navigation and communications coordination
- Multimedia project management and design
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, English, communications, or marketing
- At least four years of experience in the field
- Valid drivers licence
- Postgraduate qualification in relevant field
- Experience in a research or academic environment
- Ability to work collaboratively and productively
A salary in the region of R604,495 per annum, cost-to-company, will be negotiated in consideration of experience and qualifications.
Please go to the following Web Site to complete an online application https://goo.gl/forms/SF0UxO1oPywId7jS2
Closing date: 18 November 2018
Please quote the reference number (R225A) in all communications. Please be advised that your submission will not be considered should your application not be accompanied by the required information and documentation.
The SAMRC retains the right not to make an appointment. In accordance with the SAMRC’s Employment Equity Plan, preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from the designated groups. For this reason, we require race, gender and disability status to be specified. Disabled persons are encouraged to apply.
Posted on 05 Nov 09:36
Advertising, Marketing,Jhb: 011 883 5404
PR, Media and Digital
CT: 021 422 3590 www.adtalent.co.za
Recruiters & Career Coaches in Advertising, Marketing and Media IndustriesLynn: 082 802 4441 (Advertising/Digital/Media)
Jo-Anne: 084 200 1703 (Marketing/Sales/PR)