|Get jobs on your |
Senior Managing Editor
|Remuneration:||negotiable Market related|
|Location:||Johannesburg, Melrose Arch|
Job descriptionDo you have a passion for leisure, social and travel and love your city? Do you know Johannesburg inside and out? Are you an out-going socialite exploring the city from all angles? Are you a driven leader? Then this is an opportunity for you!
We are looking for a 'managing editor' to grow and manage the Joburg.co.za / Pretoria.co.za editorial team and to define and implement the content strategy for the 21 niches which are featured on the platforms.
- Defining and implementing a content strategy across our multiple niches eg. entertainment, parenting, health, beauty, etc.
- Growing the readership per niche and for the publication in entirety.
- Growing, managing and mentoring the editorial team.
- Defining and curating native content for the platforms.
- Working closely with the sales department to identify monetization opportunities whilst maintaining the integrity and quality of the content.
- Representing the brand and building relationship with key stakeholders in the industry.
- Assisting with the marketing and PR for both platforms as well as the holding company.
- Attending events including after-hour functions.
- Recognised degree.
- Exceptional writing skills (with a dose of humour) will clinch the deal.
- Previous experience in a similar role (minimum two years).
- Creative and solid writing experience.
- Management and mentoring skills (previous management experience is crucial).
- Attention to detail, quick and accurate editing skills
- Strong network within the industry
- Outgoing, ambitious and desire to grow in the industry
- Strong digital acumen
- Ambitious and desire to grow in the industry
- On the pulse of what’s happening in the city
- Social media experience
- Deadline driven
- Open minded and adaptable
- Willing to walk the extra mile
- Outgoing and charismatic yet humble
- WordPress experience
- SEO experience
- Social media/digital marketing
Posted on 17 Apr 14:10
Advertising, Marketing,Jhb: 011 883 5404
PR, Media and Digital
CT: 021 422 3590 www.adtalent.co.za
Recruiters & Career Coaches in Advertising, Marketing and Media IndustriesLynn: 082 802 4441 (Advertising/Digital/Media)
Jo-Anne: 084 200 1703 (Marketing/Sales/PR)
Recruitment Specialists since 1989Rob Jones:
Tel: 011 465 9368