|Get jobs on your |
|Remuneration:||negotiable Basic salary|
|Location:||Umhlanga, Umhlanga Ridge|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
Job descriptionThe copywriter comes from an integrated marketing background and has experience of commercial brand-driven copy. This is essential. The copywriter combines content project planning, investigative research, copy and script writing. They are experts in storytelling and writing for a digital audience. The Copywriter works closely with the other studio team-members on the planning, style of content and optimisation for search. Their role is to create inspiring and exciting content that achieves reach and engagement across multi-channels.
- To understand the importance of telling stories from a commercial or brand perspective.
- To be responsible for writing, research and ideation of innovative content that encourages readership and sharing.
- To write short and long-form articles for print and online.
- To adapt existing content for new markets.
- To combine an authoritative voice and consumer education with comprehensive marketing integration.
- To work closely with clients to create strong concepts from initial briefing.
- To set tone and drive creativity, working closely with the studio team to ensure creative excellence.
- To maintain a high awareness of relevant trending topics to identify content opportunities.
- To be responsible for working with internal teams to gather input and validate content.
- To ensure consistency and quality across all written content.
Company DescriptionOLIVER is a rapidly expanding creative services agency with a twist: we provide our clients with dedicated on-site agencies. It’s a dynamic, fast-paced, solutions-focused environment, that brings client and agency closer together to produce creative and effective work.
- 3+ years writing in brand-driven corporate or creative environment with a solid portfolio (copywriting samples must be submitted).
- Experience of publishing through social media channels and / or content management systems.
- A thorough understanding of publishing content across multiple media platforms and the intricacies associated with each.
- Creative and meticulous in the use of language and data; developing concise and engaging text.
- Demonstrated ability to combine and translate complex material from different contexts into stories and content that engages and resonates with target audiences.
- The difference between “there”, “their” and “they’re” is essential, along with where to use a comma versus a full-stop. Not kidding.
- Confident and comfortable working in a fast-paced and evolving client environment.
- A passionate and inspiring copywriter.
- Self-motivated, working with little supervision.
- Collaborative team player, open-minded and apolitical.
- Discrete about confidential internal and client information.
- Driven, proactive, helpful, and enthusiastic team player.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have not been contacted within 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Posted on 18 Oct 14:18
Advertising, Marketing,Jhb: 011 883 5404
PR, Media and Digital
CT: 021 422 3590 www.adtalent.co.za
Recruiters & Career Coaches in Advertising, Marketing and Media IndustriesLynn: 082 802 4441 (Advertising/Digital/Media) Jo-Anne: 084 200 1703 (Marketing/Sales/PR)
Recruitment Specialists since 1989Rob Jones:
Tel: 011 465 9368
Advertising, Marketing, Media & RetailRoisin McCarthy
082 881 3556