- Global survey reveals directors' top concerns
- Stoned staff? What are employers' rights regarding weed in the workplace?
- Court denies Radebe's appeal over removal from Transnet board
|Get jobs on your |
Registered Nurse - PICU
|Remuneration:||Cost to company|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
|Company:||Rhens Consulting - Netcare|
Job descriptionROLE SUMMARY
The Registered Nurse will render and promote cost effective, safe quality patient care in accordance with hospital standards and policies.
The incumbent will further be responsible for direct and/or indirect nursing care of a patient or a group of patients, for assessing, planning, executing and supervising the implementation of care to meet patient needs, is a role model in the delivery of evidence based care and will actively participate in Clinical Governance.
KEY WORK OUTPUT AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Audit of health records to ensure compliance
- Ensure all stock is well controlled and managed, charged and credited appropriately
- Keep abreast of current research in the discipline
- Practice patient care according to the Scope of Practice and assume total responsibility for these activities
- Contribute to the holistic care of patients
- Attend handover of report at shift commencement
- Communicate effectively with patients regarding their care
- Promote patient of health and wellbeing
- Practice the principles of infection prevention and all Standard precautions
- Promote and maintain good public relations with patients, relatives and visitors
- Execute all procedures according to hospital standards
- Refer all complaints from patients and doctors to sister-in-charge of the unit
- Carry out all departmental duties as assigned by supervisors
- Provide and supervise the delivery of evidence based nursing care
- Ensure that all patients have an appropriate nursing care plan
- Communicate with Health Care Practitioners regarding any change in health status
- Administer and store medication in accordance with the Netcare policy.
- Perform other duties as reasonably requested by the Unit Manager or senior member of staff.
- Participate in units quality improvement programme
- Effective risk prevention and management
- Maintain a therapeutic, clean and safe environment that is free from medico-legal hazards
- Adhere to the Netcare Resuscitation and Reanimation policy
- Adhere to Netcare medical waste management principles and all other waste management principles
- Maintain a safe working environment in accordance with the Machinery and Occupational Safety Act
- Report and act upon potential/actual risks identified
- Responsible for ensuring correct use, cleaning and storage of equipment
- Report equipment needing repair or replacement
- Maintain professional conduct and standards at all times in accordance with hospital policies and procedures
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times
- Work effectively and co-operatively with others to establish and maintain good working relationships that are mutually beneficial.
- Create and maintain a positive environment where the differences of others are recognized, understood, and valued, so that all can reach their full potential and maximize their contributions.
- Develop collaborative relationships to help accomplish work goal.
- Manage acuity and skill mix to ensure appropriate level of care
- Keep up to date with Netcare’s evolving policies and procedures
- Assumes responsibility for own personal and professional development
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining competence in CPR
- Keep abreast of current research in the discipline
- Mentoring and supervision of junior healthcare providers and support staff
- Facilitation of a learning environment
NETCARE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Company's approved Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to the Group's Employment Equity strategy. Netcare actively supports the recruitment of people with disabilities.
- In the event of a candidate having any disability that may impair the individual's ability to perform the job function, the candidate must kindly inform the employer so that an assessment for reasonable accommodation can be made.
- By applying for this position and providing us with your CV and other personal information, you are consenting to the information being used for the specific purpose for which it was provided, which is recruitment purposes and possible appointment purposes (should you be successful) and any other related purposes and that therefore Netcare will not be in breach of the POPI ACT(Protection Of Personal Information Act 2013, Act No 4 of 2013) . Please note that your information will thus be processed for recruitment and related purposes to assess the establishment of an employment relationship with yourself, and this will be done in accordance with the applicable data protection and privacy legislation. We confirm that such information will be used for such related purposes and that we hereby have your consent hereto.
- If you object to your information being used in accordance with the aforementioned clauses, please indicate your objection and we will immediately destroy your personal information in a secure manner.
- Please e-mail a detailed CV to email@example.com or alternately send a whatsapp/SMS to contact number 081 812 3897 if you fulfill the criteria detailed above.
- Note: If you have not heard from Netcare (Pty) Ltd within 2 weeks after your application, kindly consider that your application may be unsuccessful.
- Must have a Registered Nurse qualification and registered with the South African Nursing Council
- Relevant qualification within a specialist area
- Diploma in Critical Care Nursing – Child
- 5-6 years experience.
- Paediatric ICU Trained candidates essential
- Experience in a Paediatric ICU department is essential
Posted on 11 Sep 12:25
+27 81 812 3897