|Get jobs on your |
Media Advocacy Coordinator
|Company:||Healthy Living Alliance|
Job descriptionExecutive summary
Healthy Living Alliance (HEALA) is seeking applications for a media advocacy coordinator responsible for supporting media advocacy, communications and advocacy campaigns. He/she will work closely with the executive director and alliance co-ordinator to develop and implement media strategies to achieve the communications objectives and further the policy advocacy goals.
- Collaborate with HEALA team, obesity partners to efficiently and creatively craft and implement media and communications strategies in support of the policy goals.
- Develop, implement, and support media advocacy and communications strategies in partnership with the South African obesity partners.
- Draft, edit and/or oversee production of press releases, reports, brochures and other communications materials as needed.
- Manage relationships with PR agencies, digital communications agencies, and mass media projects. Assist Executive Director and coordinator with writing fact sheets and opinion pieces for media use.
- Support the advocacy and campaign coordinator as requested in coordinating media advocacy efforts and partners to support the adoption and implementation of effective tobacco control and road safety policies;
- Draft and assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual reports; assist in responding to other donor requests and inquiries.
RequirementsThe ideal candidate will be motivated by the opportunity to work towards a South Africa where all people have access to healthy food and clean water. S/he will:
* be experienced in the use of both traditional and new communications strategies and social media as a tool to advocate for policy change and implementation.
- Minimum three to five years’ relevant experience communications campaigns.
- Strong program or project management experience. Fine attention to details, and ability to deliver project goals in a timely fashion.
- Excellent writing, speaking, and editing skills.
- Thinks 'outside the box'; takes an interest in new ideas and new ways of doing things;
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals and is willing to learn from others.
- Flexibility, focused organisational skill, and good humour required to handle multiple tasks in fast-paced environment;
- Knowledge of and proficiency with a variety of computer software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about HEALA, refer to www.heala.org
Posted on 07 Nov 16:11
Get job alerts for Coordinator jobs
- Advertising Coordinator, Johannesburg, Makro
- Meeting Coordinator, Johannesburg, Bryanston, Marin's Southern Africa
- Marketing Coordinator, Johannesburg, Sandown, Primedia Broadcasting
- Junior Marketing Coordinator, Johannesburg, Rosebank
- Events Coordinator, Johannesburg, Paulshof
- Social Media Coordinator, Johannesburg, Paulshof
- Leasing Coordinator, Johannesburg, Edendale, Rage
- Project Coordinator - Training, Pretoria, Garsfontein
- Internal Sales Coordinator, Johannesburg, Kempton Park, MPRTC Recruitment
- Truck Driver/Warehouse Coordinator, Johannesburg, Randburg
- Conference/Event Coordinator, Johannesburg, Bryanston
- Executive Administrator, Johannesburg, Sandton
- Personal Assistant, Gauteng, MPRTC Recruitment
- PROJECT ENGINEER (FMCG) â SELBY, JOHANNESBURG, JHB - Central, Selby, MPRTC Recruitment
- Social Media Specialist, Johannesburg, Sandton, Wetpaint
- Studio Manager, Johannesburg, Bryanston
- Network/Desktop Administrator, Johannesburg, Western Suburbs, MPRTC Recruitment
- Sales/Office Manager, Johannesburg
- Event Manager, Randburg
- Regional Promotions Manager, Johannesburg, Randburg
- Call Centre Administrator, Johannesburg, HR Studio
- Retail Manager, Johannesburg, HR Studio
Advertising, Marketing,Jhb: 011 883 5404
PR, Media and Digital
CT: 021 422 3590 www.adtalent.co.za
Recruiters & Career Coaches in Advertising, Marketing and Media IndustriesLynn: 082 802 4441 (Advertising/Digital/Media)
Jo-Anne: 084 200 1703 (Marketing/Sales/PR)