- There's no time like the future
- A South African's guide to moving to and making it in Malta: An acceleration of arrivals
- These are the Top 10 African Innovators selected for SBC AfriTech
|Get jobs on your |
|Remuneration:||Cost to company|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
Job descriptionThe Business Specialised Content Business Unit (SCBU) is looking to recruit vibrant, outgoing individuals who have a creative flair and passion for writing Business content.
The successful incumbent will be responsible for driving content and generating ideas for use across all editorial platforms and specialised commercial units, as well as ensures that the Business Unit not only set the news agenda but also becomes the “thought leader” in society.
- Develops content from conception to delivery for use across all editorial platforms and specialised commercial units.
- Initiates, sources, researches, follows up and provides accurate, high quality readable content for use across all editorial platforms and specialised commercial units.
- Reports, film and edits a variety of business and financial stories for use across multiple platforms.
- Effectively uses social media to break news and to engage with online audience.
- Manages a short and long term diary.
- Meets the deadline demands of production across the various multiple platforms
- Will be required to perform any other duties as and when required across regions and platforms
- Consistently projects a positive image of the Independent Media brands.
- Must have a tertiary qualification in journalism or equivalent.
- Must have a minimum of 4 - 7 years general writing experience in a newspaper environment.
- Must supply video link as evidence of work to reflect well developed writing skills, high levels of literacy and the ability to make critical & valid news judgement,
- Must have and be able to supply a contactable list of high profile contacts.
- Have a strong presence on social media with a number of followers.
- Must have a valid driver’s licence
- Be technologically well advanced on all social network platforms
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills in gathering news and presenting news
- Have excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with high level contacts
- Must have the ability to think creatively.
- Be a self - starter that shows initiative and ability to work independently.
- Be extremely motivated and driven to work in a highly pressurised fast pace environment.
- Be highly flexible working long, irregular hours nightshift, weekends and public holidays
- Be prepared to travel long distances across the province and country.
- The ability to work under constant deadlines pressure
Posted on 11 Jul 15:42
Advertising, Marketing,Jhb: 011 883 5404
PR, Media and Digital
CT: 021 422 3590 www.adtalent.co.za
Recruiters & Career Coaches in Advertising, Marketing and Media IndustriesLynn: 082 802 4441 (Advertising/Digital/Media)
Jo-Anne: 084 200 1703 (Marketing/Sales/PR)
Recruitment Specialists since 1989Rob Jones:
Tel: 011 465 9368