- Unhealthy relationship between employee wellness expectations and reality
- New study says the gender gap in science could take generations to fix
- Companies prune major perks from expat packages
|Get jobs on your |
Multimedia Journalist Motoring
|Remuneration:||Cost to company|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
Job descriptionIndependent Media Solutions has a position for a Motoring Journalist based in Johannesburg. The successful incumbent will be responsible for creating motoring content and generating ideas for use across all editorial platforms and specialised commercial units, as well as ensure that the motoring unit not only sets the news agenda but also becomes the “thought leader” in society.
- Develop motoring editorial content from conception to delivery for use across print and online platforms and specialised commercial units.
- Initiate, source, research, follow up and provide accurate, high quality readable content for use across all editorial platforms and specialised commercial units.
- Report, film and edit a variety of motoring stories for use across multiple platforms.
- Effectively use social media to break motoring news and to engage with online audience.
- Meet the deadline demands of production across the various multiple platforms
- Perform any other duties as and when required across regions and platforms.
- Consistently project a positive image of the Independent Media brands.
- Must have a tertiary qualification in journalism or equivalent.
- Must have a minimum of 3 - 5 years writing experience, ideally for motoring.
- Must have a good general knowledge and keen interest in motoring and motorsport.
- Must have well developed writing skills, high levels of literacy and the ability to make critical & valid news judgement.
- Must have a valid driver’s licence.
- Must have good driving skills.
- Have excellent writing skills and literacy.
- A strong interest in motoring.
- Be technologically proficient on all social network platforms.
- Have good interpersonal skills in dealing with high level contacts.
- Must have the ability to think creatively.
- Be a self-starter that shows initiative and ability to work independently.
- Be extremely motivated and driven to work in a highly pressurised environment.
- Be highly flexible working irregular hours including weekends and public holidays
- Be prepared to travel long distances across the country.
- The ability to work under constant deadline pressure.
Posted on 13 Apr 14:39
Get job alerts for Journalist jobs
- Journalist, Johannesburg, Illovo, Sandton
- Mid/Senior Journalist, Johannesburg
- Senior Journalist, Pretoria, Lydiana
- Journalist, Johannesburg, Weltervreden Park
- Tech Journalist, Johannesburg, Centurion, MyBroadband
- Business Journalist, Johannesburg, Centurion, MyBroadband
- Photographer, Johannesburg, Industria West, The Citizen
Advertising, Marketing,Jhb: 011 883 5404
PR, Media and Digital
CT: 021 422 3590 www.adtalent.co.za
Recruiters & Career Coaches in Advertising, Marketing and Media IndustriesLynn: 082 802 4441 (Advertising/Digital/Media)
Jo-Anne: 084 200 1703 (Marketing/Sales/PR)
Recruitment Specialists since 1989Rob Jones:
Tel: 011 465 9368