|Get jobs on your |
Netcare: Nursing Manager
|Remuneration:||Cost to company|
|Location:||Cape Town, N1 City, Goodwood|
|Job level:||Management Jnr-Mid|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
|Reference:||#Netcare: NM N1CH|
Job descriptionROLE SUMMARY
The Nursing Manager will be responsible for the overall Nursing Management of the hospital. This includes the co-ordination of all functions and activities related to the provision, promotion and assurance of quality patient care, through the leadership of a multidisciplinary team in consultation with all relevant stakeholders.The incumbent will also assume responsibility for motivating, supporting and optimising staff performance through capacity building, mentoring and training thereby ensuring that an optimum contribution is made to the successful functioning of the hospital.
OUTPUT AND ACCOUNTABILITIESKEY RESPONSIBILITIES (Including the following, but not limited to)
- Prepare, review and manage the Nursing budget, taking into account business priorities, estimated labour cost and other expenses.
- Drive business unit profitability by monitoring and managing expenses and implementing financial controls.
- Have a working knowledge of the financial fundamentals of the health care industry.
- Identify areas to improve operational efficiencies to ensure sustainability and growth of the business.
- Demonstrate an integrated knowledge of the business mission, value proposition and value chain by presenting clear market related business cases for nursing initiatives in response to more complex situations affecting the hospital.
- Understand how local demands and supply dynamics translate into financial, operational and labour requirements and aligns tactical plans accordingly.
- Be aware of the impact of critical national and local environmental factors e.g. skills shortages, power shortages etc. on hospital conditions.
- Consider and integrate relevant local environmental factors into SWOT analysis and tactical nursing plans, making adjustments and improvements as needed and respond to changes.
- Understand nursing “best in class” benchmarking and apply the knowledge to audit the hospital nursing practices and identify and implement areas of improvement.
- Moves others to action by translating the vision and values into day to day activities and guiding others to take the appropriate action steps to support the vision and values.
- Live and model the vision and values by taking action, making decisions and shaping and re-directing team priorities and behaviours.
- Challenge behaviour that violate the values and recognise and reward behaviour that supports it.
- Coordinate and ensure the execution of nursing activities within all hospital departments to provide alignment to the strategy and goals of the organisation.
- Ensure effective manpower planning to support the on-going sustainability of nursing and business strategy within the hospital.
- Utilise Regional and National resources appropriately and effectively.
- Organise information and data to identify and explain problems and trends and their causes.
- Evaluate the nursing quality indicators and clinical outcomes and implement strategies and action plans to drive continuous business Identify quality improvement opportunities and ensure appropriate strategy and quality improvement initiatives are developed and measured.
- Drive the implementation of group quality initiatives.
- Investigate all negative incidents and ensure appropriate capturing on the incident management system (IMS).
- Liaise with the Public Liability department with regard to all incidents of potential risk to the business.
- Provide resolutions to complaints in an effective and timeous manner. Identify areas of non-compliance through clinical audits and CSA assessments and implement and measure remedial actions and strategies.
- Monitor safety standards in accordance with the Machine and Occupational Safety Act (Act 6 of 1983). Report all accidents / incidents to General Manager / Safety Representatives .
- Ensure compliance to all Netcare Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure hospital is providing safe, cost effective quality patient care in line with Clinical Governance strategy and evidence based practice.
- Evaluate the patient’s journey through patient experience and stakeholder input.
- Create an environment where staff are aware of the role they play in the provision of quality patient care and their value to the organization.
- Ensure achievement of transformation goals as set out by the Transformation Committee.
- Actively participate as a member of a team to achieve goals.
- Leverage diversity to improve individual and hospital performance and achieve greater productivity.
- Encourage participation form others and utilise their differences in a respectful way to add value to the delivery of work goals.
- Active involvement in own professional development to maintain a satisfactory level of skill and knowledge.
- Champions compliance to Netcare’s evolving policies and procedures.
- Keep abreast of current research in the applicable discipline.
- Create an environment where staff are aware of the role they play in the provision of quality nursing care and their value to the organization.
- Assign decision making, authority, tasks and responsibility to appropriate persons in order to maximize organisation and employee effectiveness.
- Co-operate with Netcare Education Division to ensure appropriate nursing training for the delivery of quality care.
- Facilitate a culture that is supportive of talent management and the initiation of required implementations to hone nursing talent.
- Facilitate effective change and conflict management.
- Ensure professional conduct and appearance of staff.
- Promote staff wellbeing.
- Work effectively and co-operatively with others to establish and maintain good working relationships that are mutually beneficial.
- Create and maintain a positive environment where the differences of others are recognized, understood, and valued, so that all can reach their full potential and maximize their contributions.
- Develop collaborative relationships to help accomplish business unit objectives.
- Maintain customer intimacy through building relationships with doctors, nursing staff, suppliers and building patient loyalty.
- Build strategic inter-departmental relationships to help achieve business goals at Exco and departmental level within the hospitals.
- Foster an effective working relationship with service providers.
- Foster an effective working relationship with Public liability.
- A relevant nursing qualification - Diploma in General Nursing (NQF level 6) or B Cur Degree (NQF level 7).
- Registration with the South African Nursing Council as a Registered Nurse.
- Compliance with the SANC code for a Registered Nurse and all applicable health care legislations.
- A relevant management qualification.
- A minimum of 3 years management experience within a private sector is beneficial.
- Worked with complex teams to manage efficiencies, motivate and lead change.
- Proficiency in stakeholder relationship management.
- Sound financial knowledge and ability to implement financial and business management principles.
- Strong and persuasive negotiating skills.
- Proficient understanding of legislative and business climate pertaining to nursing.
- Ability to manage own energy, and intra-personal and inter-personal skills functioning.
- Resilience within a complex, challenging environment.
- Sound financial knowledge and the ability to interpret financial data.
- An intermediate level of Computer literacy.
- Knowledge and experience in healthcare related quality management and improvement.
- Research proficiency.
- Sound knowledge of activity reporting.
- Please e-mail a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternately send a whatsapp/SMS to contact number 081 812 3897 if you fulfill the criteria detailed above.
Posted on 21 May 15:41
- Financial Manager, Knysna, Career Custodians
- Junior Digital Traffic Manager, Cape Town
- Store Manager, Cape Town, Table View, MPRTC Recruitment
- Payroll Manager, Cape Town, Southern Suburbs, Home Choice
- Talent Manager, Cape Town, Western Cape, Liquorice
- Digital Project Manager/Technical, Cape Town, Liquorice
- Digital Senior Account Manager, Cape Town, Liquorice
- Digital Account Manager, Cape Town, CBD, Liquorice
- Maintenance Manager, Cape Town, Muller Marketing
- Property Manager, Cape Town, Camps Bay
- Digital Marketing Manager | Property Brand, Cape Town, Northern Suburbs, Amplified Talent
- Communication/Research manager, Cape Town, Sea point
- Block Manager, Cape Town, Career Custodians
- Digital Campaign Manager, Cape Town, The SpaceStation
- Legal Manager, Cape Town, Northern Suburbs, Capfin
- Key Account Manager, Cape Town, CBD, New Media Publishing
- Production Manager, West Coast, Clanwilliam, West Coast Personnel
- Customer Service/Support Manager, Cape Town, Southern Suburbs, Home Choice
- Sales Manager, Cape Town
- Social Media Customer Engagement Manager, Cape Town, AKA Recruitment International
- Assistant Creditors Manager-The Crazy Store, Cape Town, Epping Industria 2
- Cash Management Manager, Cape Town, Epping Industria 2
- Senior Campaign Manager - Programmatic/Display, Cape Town, Woodstock
- Store Manager, Mossel Bay, Rage
- Store Manager, Knysna, Rage
- Site Mechanic/Manager - Fire Industry, Cape Town, Epping, West Coast Personnel
- Area Manager, Cape Town
- Sales/Marketing Manager, Cape Town, Ivy Farrell Recruitment
- Marketing Services Manager/Sales Coordinator, CPT - CBD, CBD, Ad Talent
- Building Manager/Junior Facilities Manager, Cape Town, CBD, MPRTC Recruitment