|Get jobs on your |
|Remuneration:||Cost to company|
|Location:||Port Elizabeth, Walmer|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
Job descriptionROLE SUMMARY
The Clinic Manager is accountable for the management and leadership of the business unit(s), to ensure the sustainable performance and operational efficiency of the site(s) and to achieve specific revenue and profit targets in combination with key performance metrics.
The incumbent is further responsible for the development and implementation of clinic-specific strategies aligned to the divisional goals and business priorities.
The incumbent will also be responsible for scanning and interpreting macro and micro environments to implement and drive strategies that will capitalize on opportunities and mitigate potential risks to the business.
The incumbent will be responsible for building and enhancing the relationships with medical professionals and liaise with a complex network of stakeholders to ensure business growth and business unit sustainability.
KEY WORK OUTPUT AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Derive plans to translate strategic direction to implement and deliver on key performance areas for the business unit.
- Manage change initiatives to support new business opportunities and maximise operational efficiencies.
- Investigate the economic conditions surrounding business activity such as industry trends and competition, including but not limited to legislative and regulatory aspects.
- Identify marketing opportunities by analysing consumer requirements; defining market, competitor's share, and competitor's strengths and weaknesses; forecasting projected business and establishing targeted market share.
- Understand brand strategies and develop and execute targeted initiatives to build brand loyalty and to showcase Medicross’s value proposition.
- Locate or propose potential business opportunities by contacting potential professionals and discovering and exploring opportunities across the Netcare value chain.
- Refer potential new business opportunities to the Regional Operations Manager for further consideration.
- Maintain a detailed business plan to ensure effective accomplishment of potential income and market share growth.
- Understand the financial fundamentals of the healthcare industry to maximise business profitability.
- Initiate and implement operational activities of the business unit aimed at delivering best patient experience; best outcomes; most cost effective; whilst ensuring that employees remain engaged.
- Ensure all operational, billings and financial systems, controls and processes are executed in aligned to the relevant SOPs. This includes but is not limited to:
- o Ensure Billings are done timeously and correct
- o Ensure all stock ordering, GRVing and stock management is done correctly and timeously
- o Ensure compliance to month end processes
- Ensure correct procurement processes are followed
- Ensure operational efficiency which includes the management of the financial indicators and drivers of the business including but not limited to managing variable costs and actively managing the working capital, cash management and capital expenditure for the clinic.
- Prepare annual funding estimates, forecasting the demand for services and allocating budgets.
- Improve and maintain delivery of the health service by planning the services and accounting for the cost of care and the distribution of staff.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures and CSA criteria.
- Ensure adherence to segregation requirements
- Pro-actively identify risks and implement action plans in mitigation.
- Ensure all incidents are logged and managed on the incident reporting system.
- Actively champion and ensure best and safest patient care.
- Responsible for the occupational health and safety management within the clinic.
- Champion the Leading the Netcare Way, and strategically lead through a culture of inclusivity.
- Create and maintain a positive environment where the differences of others are recognized, understood, and valued, so that all can reach their full potential and maximize their contributions.
- Ensure achievement of transformation goals as set out by the Board of Social Ethics.
- Responsible for ensuring that leadership behaviours are modeled and aligned to the Netcare values.
- Provide timely guidance and feedback to help strengthen skill areas and leverage potential.
- Provide training and development opportunities for the respective teams aligned to the team’s core function.
- Establish the business unit to be an employer of choice to attract and retain the best talent to achieve group objectives.
- Recognise and reward performance appropriately.
- Create an environment where employees have an appreciation for their role in the overall business unit value proposition.
- Assign decision making, authority, tasks and responsibility to appropriate persons in order to maximize organisation and employee effectiveness.
- Manage the performance and delivery of all direct reports.
- Actively encourage participation of all team members.
- Develop collaborative relationships to help accomplish business goals.
- Assume responsibility for own personal and professional development.
- Ensure that leadership behaviours are modeled and aligned to the Netcare values.
- Keep up to date with Netcare’s and Medicross’s evolving policies and procedures.
NETCARE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Company's approved Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to the Group's Employment Equity strategy. Netcare actively supports the recruitment of people with disabilities.
- In the event of a candidate having any disability that may impair the individual's ability to perform the job function, the candidate must kindly inform the employer so that an assessment for reasonable accommodation can be made.
- By applying for this position and providing us with your CV and other personal information, you are consenting to the information being used for the specific purpose for which it was provided, which is recruitment purposes and possible appointment purposes (should you be successful) and any other related purposes and that therefore Netcare will not be in breach of the POPI ACT(Protection Of Personal Information Act 2013, Act No 4 of 2013) . Please note that your information will thus be processed for recruitment and related purposes to assess the establishment of an employment relationship with yourself, and this will be done in accordance with the applicable data protection and privacy legislation. We confirm that such information will be used for such related purposes and that we hereby have your consent hereto.
- If you object to your information being used in accordance with the aforementioned clauses, please indicate your objection and we will immediately destroy your personal information in a secure manner
- Please e-mail a detailed CV to email@example.com or alternately send a whatsapp/SMS to contact number 081 812 3897 if you fulfill the criteria detailed above.
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent NQF level 7 qualification.
- Post Graduate degree or equivalent NQF 8 qualification in a related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a senior leadership position
- Senior leadership in a hospital environment and /or service related environment
- Demonstrated ability to build senior strategic partnerships
- Ability to grow market share and / or meet business targets
- Ability to present business proposals to senior executives and stakeholders
- Proficiency in stakeholder relationship management
- Strong and persuasive negotiating skills
- Resilience within a complex and challenging environment
- Sound financial knowledge
- A detailed understanding of financial and business management principles
- Good knowledge of the healthcare industry
- Research and trend analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of government and private partnerships essential
- Proficient understanding of legislative and business climate pertaining to healthcare
Posted on 09 May 11:19
Rhens Consulting provides Human Resources & other related professional services, specializing in talent search & placement of candidates with disabilities.
- Store Manager, Stutterheim, Rage
- Store Manager, Port Elizabeth, Rage
- Store Manager, Gillwell, Rage
- Store Manager, Qumbu, Rage
- Store Manager, umthata, Rage
- Store Manager, Lusikisiki, Rage
- Trainee Managers, PortElizabeth, Newton Park, Capital Growth
- Store Manager, mthata, Rage
- Store Manager, Port Elizabeth, Uitenhage, Rage
- Store Manager, King Williams Town, Rage
- Store Manager, Eastern cape, Rage
- Store Manager, Qumbu, Rage
- Store Manager, lady frere, Rage
- Store Manager, East London, Rage
- Store Manager, East London, Rage
- Store Manager, kenako, Rage
- Store Manager, Idutywa, Rage
- Store Manager/Shop Assistants, Flagstaff, Rage
- Store Managers, Lusikisiki, Lusikisiki, Rage
- Store Assistant, Gillwell, Rage
- Store Assistant, Motherwell, Rage
- Store Assistant, Vanderbijlpark, Rage
- Store Assistant, East London, King Williams, Rage
- Store Assistant, Lady Frere, Rage
- Store Assistant, Port Elizabeth, Uitenhage, Rage
- Store Assistant, Govan Mbeki, Rage