- Home Affairs to enforce legal immigrant employment
- Suspended NW health head faces discplinary action over Mediosa
- South Africa's strike rate isn't as bad as it's made out to be
|Get jobs on your |
Lecturer - Psychology
Through its teaching, research and service delivery, the Department of Psychology at Stellenbosch University aims to contribute to the improvement of the psychological well-being of people in our region, country and continent. In order to achieve these objectives, the Department has committed itself to, inter alia, teaching of the highest standard, an impeccable research ethos and research output of international standing, teaching and research that take into account the psychosocial problems facing South Africa and Africa, a synergistic relationship amongst teaching, research and community service, an inclusive student population and the establishment of a staff corps that represents the finest quality experts in our field, as well as reflecting the demographic profile of our country.
- Teaching undergraduate and postgraduate modules;
- Postgraduate research supervision;
- Active participation in the Department’s research and publication programme;
- Community involvement;
- Administrative duties;
- Involvement in professional training activities in the Master’s programme in Clinical Psychology.
- A Master’s degree in Psychology and registration with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) as a Clinical Psychologist;
- A strong academic record;
- Appropriate communication skills;
- Proven aptitude and potential to conduct independent research in Psychology;
- Proven administrative skills.
- A doctorate in Psychology;
- Experience in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching;
- Expertise in cognitive behavioural therapy or a committment to develop expertise in this area;
- At least three years’ experience post-registration with the HPCSA as a Clinical Psychologist.
Commencement of duties: 1 July 2018 or as soon as possible thereafter
Closing date: 16 April 2018
Enquiries regarding this post: Prof. Awie Greeff on 021 808 3464, or on
Enquiries regarding remuneration/benefits as well as technical assistance with the electronic application process: Human Resources Client Services Centre on 021 808 2753
The University will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan, which acknowledges the need to diversify the demographic composition of the staff corps, especially with regard to the appointment of suitable candidates from the designated groups
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and e-mail address of at least three referees), must reach the University before or on the closing date of the advertised post.
Apply online at www.sun.ac.za/english/careers
The University reserves the right to investigate qualifications and conduct background checks on all candidates.
Should no feedback be received from the University within six weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application did not succeed.
Posted on 23 Mar 08:29
Get job alerts for Lecturer jobs
- Senior Lecturer - Quantitative Methods, Cape Town, Ayanda Mbanga Communications
- Game Design 2A Lecturer - Independent Contractor, Cape Town
- Associate Professor/Senior Lecturer - Development Finance, Cape Town, Bellville, Ayanda Mbanga Communications
- Television Lecturer - TV Technical Studio, Cape Town, Observatory, AFDA
- Lecturer – Editing/Data/Grading, Cape Town, Observatory, AFDA
- Mid-Senior Marketing/Communications Copywriter, Cape Town, Viv Gordon Placements
- Communications Coordinator, CPT - Southern Suburbs, Southern Suburbs, Ad Talent
- Junior Communications Writer/Translator, Cape Town, Viv Gordon Placements
- Communications/Media Manager, Cape Town, CBD, Ad Talent