|Get jobs on your |
A growing online retail marketing company in Cape Town is looking for an email and SMS planner to join their team.
Deliver performance against e-commerce team and company targets:
- Responsible for growing the revenue fromthe trigger and dynamic emailer activity to the company's customer databases.
- Driving cross-sell and re-engagement through the emailer and SMS channel.
- Deliver improved marketing spend efficiency by increasing existing customer value.
- Working with your manager to identify the gaps and opportunities for different trigger and dynamic content SMS and emailers.
- Brief in the requirements to the emailer and SMS design team.
- Build the dynamic content emailer rules and set up the trigger emailers.
- Manage A/B testing to optimise campaign performance where relevant.
- Present the journey and plans to the marketing planning team ensuring the communication aligns across the different divisions.
- Manage external partners to successfully deliver the requested activity.
Measurement and reporting:
- Detailed analysis of the performance of these emailers.
- Provide weekly, monthly and quarterly reports, sharing insights and recommendations for future growth.
- Create a testing document highlighting the results and insights.
Grow our capabilities:
- Ensure we are fully exploiting our existing technology, with the aim of delivering the compelling, targeted and effective marketing activity possible to our customers.
- Constantly stay abreast of technology developments in the field, bringing the relevant new ideas to the company for implementation.
- Monitor and share external best practice in the field, while leading the implementation of the relevant learnings.
Growth of e-commerce:
- Contribute to the overall growth of the online channel within the company.
- Act as a thought leader and change agent for the business in the area of e-commerce and digital communications.
- Creating dynamic content rules and building these in the email marketing tool.
- Building emailer triggers in the email marketing tool.
- Compiling emailer briefs and sending these on to the emailer design team.
- Manage the level of unsubscribes to ensure these remain at minimal levels by ensuring the campaigns are delivering the right customer experience at the right frequency with the right messaging and these emailers aren't clashing with the daily emailer plan.
- Create a flow plan and journey map for these emailers.
Qualifications and accreditations:
- Bachelor's degree or Certificate in marketing or related field.
- Emailer systems certification will be an added advantage.
Experience and skills:
- A minimum two years' experience with extensive knowledge of the email and / or SMS marketing channel and techniques.
- Extensive knowledge of marketing and merchandising to customers via SMS, web and Mobi sites.
- Strategy development and implementation will be an advantage.
- In-depth knowledge of the planning, implementation and evaluation of online marketing activities and plans.
- Strong understanding of the e-commerce landscape, trends and technologies.
- Deep understanding of the online customer journey - best practice and requirements.
- Experience in the enhancement and improvement of digital content, including being skilled in the underlying principles of visual design for digital comms channels will be an added advantage.
- Experience with website analytics tools (Google Analytics).
- Managing content and marketing asset production for high traffic websites will be an advantage.
- Hands on experience working with a leading email delivery tool, preferably Silverpop (Watson Campaign Automation).
- Selecting and managing external partners.
- An online retail marketing background.
- HTML coding and email technology background added advantage.
- Ability to manage performance against commercial targets.
- Strong communication and influencing skills - both written and verbal
Posted on 17 May 15:17
DataFin was established in 1999. We pride ourselves on the fact that we have established relationships with industry leaders and a vast majority of our business is repeat business.
|Recent jobs by Datafin||City||Date posted|
|Business Analyst||Cape Town||23 May 12:41|
|Front-End Software Developer - React||Johannesburg||23 May 12:40|
|DevOps Engineer||Cape Town||23 May 12:38|
|Software Engineer - C#||Cape Town||23 May 12:36|
|Senior Desktop Support Infrastructure Engineer||Cape Town||22 May 15:01|
|Network Engineer - CCNA||Cape Town||22 May 14:11|
|BI Specialist||Cape Town||22 May 12:06|
|C# Developer||Cape Town||22 May 12:00|
|Reporting Analyst||Cape Town||22 May 11:14|
|Junior Front-End Developer - HTML||Cape Town||22 May 10:21|
- Planner - Regional Network Engineering, Cape Town, Telkom
- Planner - Regional Network Engineering, Cape Town, Pinelands, Telkom
- Email/SMS Planner, Cape Town, Southern Suburbs, Home Choice
- Trainee Planner, Cape Town, CBD
- Senior Strategic Planner, Cape Town, Woodstock, Ogilvy Cape Town
- Temporary Accountant, Cape Town, Milnerton, Canal Walk, West Coast Personnel
- Paid Media Specialist, Cape Town
- Junior Accountant/Bookkeeper, Cape Town, Canal Walk, Willowbridge, West Coast Personnel
- Accountant, Cape Town, Newlands, West Coast Personnel
- Financial Accountant, Cape Town, Elsies River, West Coast Personnel
- Junior Financial Accountant, Cape Town, Salt River, Red & Yellow
- Accountant, Cape Town, MPRTC Recruitment
- Financial Accountant, Cape Town, Observatory
- SAIPA Accountant, Cape Town, Talent Magnet | Digital Recruitment
- Accountant/Bookkeeper, Cape Town, Observatory, West Coast Personnel
- Paid Digital Media Strategist, Cape Town, Viv Gordon Placements
- Digital Media Specialist, Cape Town, Rondebosch
- Assistant Accountant, Cape Town, Tokai
- Accountant, Cape Town, Cape Town
- Paid Media Specialist, Cape Town, Hellocomputer
- Accountant/Senior Bookkeeper, Cape Town, CBD, Newlands, LayerCake recruitment
Advertising, Marketing,Jhb: 011 883 5404
PR, Media and Digital
CT: 021 422 3590 www.adtalent.co.za
Recruiters & Career Coaches in Advertising, Marketing and Media IndustriesLynn: 082 802 4441 (Advertising/Digital/Media)
Jo-Anne: 084 200 1703 (Marketing/Sales/PR)
Recruitment Specialists since 1989Rob Jones:
Tel: 011 465 9368