|Get jobs on your |
|Remuneration:||R620400 - R799323 per year TCTC|
|Job level:||Management Jnr-Mid|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position, Disabled position|
|Company:||Brand South Africa|
- Implement and maintain financial accounting and internal control systems.
- Implementation of policy and procedures to prevent unauthorised and irregular expenditure, and to manage validity of transactions on the financial management system.
- Prepare input related to Medium Term Expenditure Framework(MTEF), financial planning processes: Estimate of National Expenditure, draft Brand South Africa budget, compile budget structure of anticipated revenue and expenditure for the financial year.
- Provide accurate financial and accounting information for financial reporting in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Practice (GAAP), General Recognised Accounting Practices (GRAP), Public Finance Management Act (PFMA), Treasury Regulations(TR) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Monitor and implement the risk management process.
- Monitor finance operational risk and mitigate its impact on the organisation.
- Financial management/oversight and compliance.
- Review and administer all the accounts payables and receivables and reconciliation on a monthly basis.
- Implement and maintain financial management and internal control system (assist with policy development, ensure the implementation, investment and cash management, put measures in place to prevent unauthorised, fruitless irregular expenditure, manage validity if transactions on the financial management system, reconciliation of balance sheet accounts).
- Prepare financial statements and assist audit in each financial year.
- Monitor the overall Brand South Africa budget with line managers: ensure that expenditure is in accordance with the business plan
- Maintain a financial reporting system: prepare reports on Brand South Africa financial affairs in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Practice (GAAP), General Recognised Accounting Practices (GRAP), Public Finance Management Act (PFMA), Treasury Regulations (TR) and International Financial Reporting Standards, (IFRS), prepare report on financial transactions.
- Prepare management processes that ensure effective, efficient ad economic usage of entity’s resources.
- Maintaining Brand South Africa assets and maintain the asset register in compliance with Treasury Regulations(TR).
- Planning and organising of financial reports.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly management reports (on content, financial and staff, etc).
- Administer payroll, statutory payments and returns.
- Prepare payroll and manage the process payments and receipts, bank reconciliation, bank balance monitoring, petty cash management.
- Manage the cashbook and cash flow.
- Manage the process payments and receipts, bank reconciliation, bank balance monitoring, petty cash management.
- Staff Management and development
- Delegate work assignments and tasks to appropriate individuals, providing sufficient directions so desired business outcomes can be achieved
- Provide direct report with leadership, direction, and coaching to achieve work objectives and improve performance and skills
- Performance Management-ensure that direct report achieves his/her performance objectives as per individual performance contracting
- Staff development, motivation and training.
- Draft Financial statements and working papers.
- Ensure effective asset management of the entity.
Company DescriptionBrand South Africa aims to contribute to the objectives of the National Development Plan (NDP) by managing South Africa's Nation Brand reputation in order to improve the country's global attractiveness and competitiveness.
- Knowledge of financial management frameworks
- Knowledge of PFMA, IFRS, TR, GRAP, GAAP, Income Tax Act and other statutory requirements
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Management framework
- General knowledge of broader political, economic and social environment
- Advanced MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Advanced accounting practices
- Advanced corporate governance practice
- Competent Payroll administration
- Basic presentation skills
- Excellent supplier management skills
- Basic project management skills
- Basic Strategic capability
- Basic staff development and empowerment skills
- Excellent planning and analytical ability
- Advanced organisational skills
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Diversity awareness
- Honesty and integrity
- Impact and influence
Posted on 02 Nov 11:40
Get job alerts for Accountant jobs
Advertising, Marketing,Jhb: 011 883 5404
PR, Media and Digital
CT: 021 422 3590 www.adtalent.co.za
Recruiters & Career Coaches in Advertising, Marketing and Media IndustriesLynn: 082 802 4441 (Advertising/Digital/Media)
Jo-Anne: 084 200 1703 (Marketing/Sales/PR)