- Maternity and the workplace - is it time to relook at best practice?
- When working from home is not all it's cut out to be
- Applications opened for SA female entrepreneur challenge
|Get jobs on your |
Business Unit Director
Title: Business Unit Director, Isobar
Data - the new currency of Dentsu Aegis Network
“However fast change is today, it is the slowest it will ever be as scalability, new models and critical mass impact everything. There are two conclusions driving our strategy as a business - The future belongs to the fast and data is the new currency of business.”
Jerry Buhlmann, CEO Dentsu Aegis Network
Dentsu Aegis Network
As the world becomes 100% digital, and as we become a 100% digital business by 2020, introducing new roles and talent which are focused on digital cultural traits is a clear priority.
At Dentsu Aegis Network we understand that talent rather than technology is one of the most important driving factors for competitive advantage. Our culture is driven by our vision and values – and we are introducing a data driven culture to ensure “data thinking” is a core component of our everyday work.
Our future leadership is key. In order to enable the transformation towards a “100% Digital” network, Dentsu Aegis Network Leaders must play a pioneering, trail-blazing role to take the company forward, often in radically new ways or having to respond to an extraordinary pace of change that demands frequent and rapid adjustment.
We would like to invite you to join us on this exciting journey.
We are searching for a talented business unit director to join our team . The successful incumbent will be required to ensure the delivery of world-class creative digital solutions that defines the agency
The candidate will report to the managing director.
- Constantly innovate and evolve business strategy to ensure the agency model continues to build growth and deliver value
- Translate business strategy into an organisational change strategy with clear executable plans
- Responsible for driving new business targets
- Demonstrate a strong insight and understanding of global/ local macro-economic and customer trends, understanding impact and identifying opportunities to capitalise on this potential
(Works closely with SA CFO and financial manager to strategically manage financial KPI’s to build value and drive profitable)
- Ensure Budget delivery and cost effectiveness.
- Identify and seize opportunities to maximise margin, managing costs in core to deliver strategic investment and growth in diversified
- Process and optimise identification of business development opportunities
- Managing client profitability within projects and retainers
- Input and approval on agency costings, scope of work, rate models and agency forecasting
- Partners with management team to manage core income, resourcing, budgets and forecasts, through accurate and timely reporting
- Drives efficient processes to deliver value for client, Isobar and Dentsu Aegis integration
- Training and onboarding of client teams with appropriate systems and tools (particularly Project Management)
- Ensures contractual compliance to guarantee service is delivered within scope of contract and out of scope services are negotiated separately
- Ensures onboarding of new clients, ensuring teams are in place and reporting processes are set up etc.
- Oversees team resourcing and troubleshooting including approval and sign off of freelancers
- In association with the MD, approval of suppliers and associated costs
- Continuously evaluate working practices in relation to service delivery
- Attract, develop, retain and mobilise the best talent
- Build a credible senior management team who:
- Drive and manage continuous high performance
- Challenge and interrogate business strategy to deliver outstanding client solutions
- Ensure their people achieve their career goals
- Identify and progress high potentials to provide a ‘talent pool’
- Influence, collaborate and manage to optimise growth
- Drive efficient day to day business operations to maximise margin
- Acts as an ambassador for the brand, connecting across internal and external networks to help deliver the operating model and build the brand reputation of Isobar.
- Identifies and seizes opportunities to drive profit and loss, driving teams to improve margin and efficiency across core services, manage clients profitably and be accountable for delivery of annual income targets
- Drives the cross and upsell pipeline process internally when necessary
- Management of and assistance in the growth of department managers and setting up key performance indicators and targets across the teams
- Management of business communication across the agency
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a digital agency environment is essential and at least three years in a management position or similar role
- Strong working knowledge of the digital industry across ATL, BTL, TTL
- High performance
- Experience of winning, delivering and retaining clients
- Digitally savvy and experienced, with a passion for new technology
- Expert networking skills to generate new business leads
- Change agent both internally and externally
- Able to spot a commercial opportunity and turn it into reality
- Sees themselves as both a technical expert and a leader
Applications close: 20 August 2018
Send applications to .
Preference will be given to EE candidates
Posted on 10 Aug 13:34
Get job alerts for Business Unit Director jobs
Advertising, Marketing,Jhb: 011 883 5404
PR, Media and Digital
CT: 021 422 3590 www.adtalent.co.za
Recruiters & Career Coaches in Advertising, Marketing and Media IndustriesLynn: 082 802 4441 (Advertising/Digital/Media)
Jo-Anne: 084 200 1703 (Marketing/Sales/PR)
Recruitment Specialists since 1989Rob Jones:
Tel: 011 465 9368