|Get jobs on your |
|Remuneration:||R403505 per year|
|Location:||Cape Town, Atlantis|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Company:||West Coast Personnel|
Engineering company seeks a production supervisor to be responsible for ensuring that the production runs efficiently and according to daily and weekly targets. The production supervisor will report to the production engineers and coordinate production activities in the assigned production Area or shift.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Taking work orders and preparing required equipment for production.
- Leading the change of shifts.
- Ensure the production fulfils the customer’s specifications.
- Ensure the production meets the daily/weekly/monthly targets.
- Requesting maintenance when required.
- Daily production follow-ups.
- Daily reports for production statuses.
- Coordinating required work among operators, inspectors, maintenance, and 3rd party contractors.
- Supporting production engineers and manager in terms of employee performance evaluation and reporting any misconduct cases related to the employees.
- Monitoring the operators’ performance during production.
- Ensure the shift covers all legal requirements such as license for equipment, first aid, and firefighting responsible etc... If not, reports to HR accordingly
- Notify Quality inspectors for controlling the conformity of product after each production process.
- Ensure the operators fill the production form during the production.
- Check the production forms filled after production, and deliver the same to the Data Input Responsible, in order to be registered in SAP and reported released from area.
- Arrange cleaning and maintenance of production equipment.
- Assisting the production engineers per their requests.
- Fulfilment of 5S routine in areas.
- Notifications of accidents or incidents.
- Notification of unsafe acts and conditions.
- Ensure operations are SAP scanned by every operator.
- Technical Diploma or equivalent experience
- Proven knowledge of welding or painting or assembly operations (and related equipment) highly preferred
- Supervising operators’ compliance to codes, standards and procedures
- Five to 10 years of former valuable experience implementing continuous improvement, lean manufacturing, TPM, FMEA Experience with Tax legislation, commercial law, export and VAT would be beneficial.
- Experience in process or production engineering/discipline
- Proven experience in supervising or leading a team in manufacturing plant.
- English verbal and written communication skills,
- User level of Microsoft Office.
Posted on 08 Aug 15:02
Get job alerts for Supervisor jobs
- Shift Supervisor, Cape Town, Cavendish, Cape Union Mart
- Store Supervisor, Cape Town, Milnerton, West Coast Personnel
- Raw Material Warehouse Supervisor, West Coast, Lamberts Bay, West Coast Personnel
- Store Managers/Supervisors/Training Manager/Assistant Manager, Beaufort Square, Rage
- Stores Supervisor, Cape Town, Table View, West Coast Personnel
- Production Supervisor/Manager, Cape Town, Atlantis, West Coast Personnel
- HR Supervisor, Cape Town, MPRTC Recruitment
- Shift Supervisor, Cape Town, Milnerton, MPRTC Recruitment
- Digital Print Supervisor, Cape Town, Worldwide Positions
- Supervisor, Cape Town, Wear SA
- Retail Floor Assistant, Cape Town, Bellville, MPRTC Recruitment
- In-House TTL Graphic Designer, Cape Town, Viv Gordon Placements
- Regional Promotions Manager, Cape Town, Tradeway Promotions
Advertising, Marketing,Jhb: 011 883 5404
PR, Media and Digital
CT: 021 422 3590 www.adtalent.co.za
Recruiters & Career Coaches in Advertising, Marketing and Media IndustriesLynn: 082 802 4441 (Advertising/Digital/Media)
Jo-Anne: 084 200 1703 (Marketing/Sales/PR)
Recruitment Specialists since 1989Rob Jones:
Tel: 011 465 9368