|Get jobs on your |
Maintenance Manager - Cleaning/Gardening
|Remuneration:||negotiable Negotiable depending on experience|
|Location:||Port Elizabeth, 28 Bird Street, Central|
Afda, The School for the Creative Economy is a leading private higher education institution offering fully accredited and registered Undergraduate and Postgraduate degrees as well as higher certificates which are outcomes-based. The programmes are focused on the creative, entertainment, business and related industries, and are offered across four campuses in South Africa. Afda is a full member of CILECT, an international association of the world's major film and television schools, and is proudly part of Stadio Multiversity.
Afda is registered as The South African School of Motion Picture Medium and Live Performance, and is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training as a private higher education institution under the Higher Education Act, 1997. Registration Certificate no. 2001/HE07/012.
Applications are invited for the position of maintenance manager - cleaning/gardening.
As the maintenance manager - cleaning/gardening, Afda is looking for a committed and dedicated professional to assist with the daily maintenance, repairs, and general upkeep of building and campus grounds.
The position requires someone who is organised, efficient, computer literate, and interacts well with people. The successful candidate will demonstrate a willingness to embrace Afda’s unique pedagogy, which is the basis of the interdisciplinary teaching at Afda.
Essential duties and related skills include:
- At least two years’ experience in a cleaning and gardening role
- Knowledge of cleaning and gardening duties and practices
- The ability and competency to work with handheld and power garden tools
- The ability and competency to work with various types of cleaning aids, liquids, chemicals, etc.
- Required to work overtime if and when necessary
- Effective communication skills
- Planning and organising
- Attention to detail
- High level of responsiveness
- Taking accurate instructions from various people
- Positive attitude
- Behaving in an ethical manner at all times
- Physically able to reach, stretch, bend, lift, and stand for long periods of time
- Knowledge of general cleaning products, supplies, and techniques
- Ability to execute ad-hoc verbal instructions as and when required
- Loyalty and a high level of confidentiality
- Honest and trustworthy
- Respectful and open to learning and guidance
- Culturally aware and sensitive
- a CV (no certificates)
- email and telephone contact details
- three references
Start date: January 2019.
Posted on 06 Dec 10:18