|Get jobs on your |
Digital Online Marketer
|Remuneration:||Negotiable depending on experience|
|Location:||Cape Town, CBD|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Type:||2 - 3 year|
|Company:||Cape Epic (Pty) Ltd|
We are looking for a digital savvy team player who is passionate about digital marketing, and emerging online trends, and who will nurture our social media communities. The digital online marketer performs well under pressure, demonstrate meticulous attention to detail, and is well versed in content optimisation as well as brand consistency.
The successful candidate will have a solid understanding of the digital environment, technologies and capabilities and will work on Cape Epic, Wines2Whales and Epic Series social media accounts and websites to create, improve and maintain digital content to achieve the overall business goals.
- Conceptualise and implement annual (and event) social media strategies for Absa Cape Epic, FNB Wines2Whales, and Epic Series (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn)
- Build the online presence for multiple accounts.
- Develop and roll out relevant content to social media channels on a consistent basis, including on event.
- Support our business units by posting relevant content to social media as required.
- Inclusion of sponsors throughout social media to ensure we deliver on all sponsor rights.
- Creation and management of competitions to promote engagement.
- Review and report on performance of all channels.
- Review and report on performance of themes, competitions and sponsor related content, making recommendations to relevant internal stakeholders.
- Monitoring accounts on a daily basis, responding to comments and creating further conversation.
- Listening to and engaging in relevant conversations, along with creating conversations on relevant pages.
- Identify and implement new social media trends, ensuring Grandstand Management accounts are part of the conversation.
- Update the internal team on current news, campaigns and relevant content in the digital world.
- Create, execute and manage campaigns throughout social media channels.
- Create, execute and manage paid social media campaigns throughout social media channels.
- Manage and make use of influencers to further campaign and content reach and engagement.
- Content creation for websites where required.
- Content editing for websites where required.
- Including but not limited to: Newsletters, Rider Communications, Crew Communications and other such external facing content throughout Grandstand Management divisions.
Company DescriptionAbout Absa Cape Epic
Founded in 2004 by Kevin Vermaak and acquired by Wanda Sports Holdings in 2016, the Absa Cape Epic is the world’s premier mountain bike stage race. The route changes every year, taking professional mountain bikers and aspiring amateurs from around the world through roughly 700km of unspoilt scenery and 15,000m of accumulated climbing over some of the most magnificent mountain passes in South Africa's Western Cape province. The Absa Cape Epic is the most televised mountain bike event in the world and the only eight-day stage race classed as hors catégorie (beyond categorisation) by the Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI), the same category as the iconic Grand Tours of road cycling. This official UCI status makes it a highlight of the professional rider’s calendar. The Absa Cape Epic is a full-service race, meaning that riders can concentrate on riding while services such as accommodation, food, bike cleaning and maintenance, and medical assistance are provided for them.
About FNB Wines2Whales
Wines2Whales was born out of the desire to establish a world-class 3-day stage race in the Western Cape, South Africa. Since its inception in 2009 it has become a premier event on the mountain bike calendar, with riders from all of over South Africa and the world queuing for the chance to ride it. Its biggest drawcard is without a doubt the route which charts an exquisite yet challenging path that takes in much of the Overberg region’s history and splendour. Starting in the vineyards of Lourensford Wine Estate in Somerset West riders traverse a string of private farms, wineries, mountains, historic roads and nature conservation areas which includes the Kogelberg Biosphere before finishing alongside the famous whales of Hermanus. Three events spread over 10 days – the Chardonnay, Pinotage and Shiraz – ensure there is something for all skillsets with the focus clearly stamped on celebrating the love of mountain biking and the culture that accompanies it.
- Experience in online brand development.
- Experience in building public awareness through different marketing campaigns, digital marketing, social media, advertising initiatives of new opportunities.
- Experience in launching of advertising campaigns by making use of all digital sources - online marketing, search engine marketing, social media marketing, online brand management, web usability, market research, advertising, social media platforms (Facebook and Twitter).
- Experience in paid social media advertising and paid advertising.
- Excellent command of the English language written and verbal.
- Strong planning and organizing skills.
- Social media/digital proficiency.
- Computer skills in MS Office.
- The ability to interact professionally with all stakeholders of the events, from various crew to riders and media.
- Be passionate, positive and proactive.
- An in-depth knowledge of the Absa Cape Epic and mountain biking.
- Demonstrates a commitment to high performance, is delivery focused, flexible and thrives and responds to performance feedback.
- Ability to conceptualise solutions to meet requirements.
- High level of motivation and the ability to motivate development team.
Posted on 08 Nov 14:47