|Get jobs on your |
|Remuneration:||Negotiable depending on experience|
|Location:||Cape Town, Westlake Business Park|
|Company:||Global Vision International|
Job descriptionThe GVI’s Writing Academy objective is to train budding writers in the skills of online content writing and SEO, while building out GVI’s organic footprint. The Writing Academy launched in September 2018, and due to its success, we are recruiting a Development Editor to support the Digital Editor in upscaling the academy.
The Development Editor will be expected to embrace the Writing Academy vision, and will be responsible for remotely managing writing interns with the support of the GVI Digital Editor.
This will involve training and developing interns, editing, and providing feedback on writing assignments, and maintaining the GVI brand across all communications.
- Supporting GVI’s Digital Editor in the strategic development of the GVI Writing Academy, and in the creation of educational content for the same.
- Developing content ideas alongside GVI’s Digital Editor, according to SEO briefs.
- Reading, reviewing and editing content submissions, and providing feedback to Writing Academy interns in a timely and constructive manner.
- Running day-to-day communications, answering queries and providing general learning support to Writing Academy interns, with support from the Digital Editor.
- Ensuring the quality of content produced through the GVI Writing Academy as well as the personal and professional development of the interns, with support from the Digital Editor.
- Maintaining GVI’s brand guidelines in all content produced for the academy.
- Ensuring immaculate grammar and punctuation in all content.
- Other marketing tasks as they arise. Please note that all GVI marketing team members are often required to jump onto other tasks outside of their day-to-day responsibilities.
RequirementsThe successful applicant will ideally have a bachelor's degree in journalism, media, communications, or another arts and humanities field. The applicant must have two or more years of work experience in digital media, editing, eLearning, or a related occupation.
- Experience writing or editing content for the travel and/or international development industry ·
- Experience writing or editing content for an American and/or British audience
- Experience marketing to millennials and/or gen z consumers
- Experience in management
- Experience in staff training, further education, or tutoring
- An interest in marketing and lead generation
- An appreciation of SEO
- Experience in navigating, and uploading content to a CMS
- Experience sourcing images and working with visual content
- Knowledge of eLearning principles, and experience in creating content for educational purposes
Candidates must also be able to demonstrate
- An eye for detail
- Superior organizational skills
- Editorial prowess
- Proficiency in tutoring and coaching
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership qualities
- General knowledge on a broad range of contemporary and newsworthy subjects
- An interest in sustainable development and international travel
We are a multi-award winning social enterprise on a mission to build a global network of people united by their passion to make a difference. We run our own sustainable development programs in 13 countries worldwide. These are aligned to the objectives of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs).
To ensure we are truly having a lasting positive impact, we partner with local governmental and non-governmental organizations on the ground. More than 35,000 participants have either volunteered, interned, or studied abroad with us over the course of our 20 years in operation and most have noted the experience as ‘life-changing’.
Our key management and administrative teams have been based in Westlake for the past five years in the laid-back office space (complete with snack bar) that we call home. We are a pretty hardworking bunch, but are committed to keeping things lighthearted. You’re just as likely to walk into a heated discussion about a current topic in sustainable development as one about which Hogwarts house you might be sorted into.
Working with awesome, talented individuals.
An open plan office environment, and a snack bar!
How to apply
To apply, please send a CV to , along with a quick message explaining why you want to work for GVI.
Posted on 24 Oct 07:33
- Digital Sports Copy Editor, Cape Town, Highbury Media
- Junior Copy-Editor, Cape Town, Highbury Media
- Editorial/Digital Assistant, Cape Town, Highbury Media
- Copy-Editor - Business, Cape Town, Highbury Media
- Middleweight Digital Editor, Cape Town, Highbury Media
- Junior English Speaking Editor/Scriptwriter, Cape Town
- Junior Editor - Celebrity/News Photo Business, Cape Town, Woodstock
- Quality Editor - E-Learning, Cape Town, Viv Gordon Placements
- Regional Managing Editor - Academic Journals, Cape Town
- Creditors Supervisor, Cape Town, MPRTC Recruitment
- Quality Editor, Cape Town, Observatory, MPRTC Recruitment
- Layout Sub-Editor, Cape Town, Westlake
- Digital Content Producer / Video Editor, Cape Town, Canal Walk
- Editor, Cape Town, New Media Publishing
- DTP Artist/Graphic Designer, Cape Town, Milnerton, West Coast Personnel
- Senior Accountant, George, Badger Holdings
- Contract Accountant, Cape Town, Tygervalley, West Coast Personnel
- Accountant, Cape Town, Epping Industria 2
- Graphic Designer/DTP Artist, Cape Town, Montague Gardens
- Accountant, Cape Town, Southern Suburbs, LayerCake recruitment
- Financial Accountant, Cape Town, CBD