|Get jobs on your |
COW Programme Coordinator
|Remuneration:||R26000 - R28000 per month Basic salary|
|Benefits:||Medical Aid and Pension Fund|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Company:||Choc Childhood Cancer Foundation|
Job descriptionCHOC Childhood Cancer Foundation South Africa
Position: CHOC COWS coordinator
Base and coverage: Based at the CHOC National Office (NO) with national coverage
Reports to: Primarily to the COW committee chairperson, secondly to the CHOC CEO
Main purpose: To raise funds for CHOC through the coordination and management of donors who participate as COWs in various sporting events countrywide.
General and fundraising:
- To nurture and expand existing relationships and fundraising opportunities relating to sporting / COW events, and to ensure that these relationships / opportunities are effectively managed and maintained.
- To identify and open up new sporting events The Cows can participate in.
- To manage relationships with donors (COWs and COW Teams) and other key stakeholders (such as sporting associations).
- To expand The COWs nationally, ensuring that wherever Cows may be in the country they feel part of The COWs and are fully supported.
- To establish stable and comprehensive administrative and communication processes for The COWs nationally.
- Develop fundraising requests and reports in line with sponsor requirements.
- To promote and market CHOC and The COWs through various channels and activities (including through the media, social media, newsletters and promotional events).
- To oversee the input and management of data on the CRM database.
- To ensure that there are no unnecessary impediments to a positive relationship between CHOC and The COWs.
- The COW Committee on an ad hoc basis;
- The COW Working Committee and the CEO who meet on a monthly basis; and
- CHOC, via the CEO.
- The planning and implementation of high return fundraising events for The COWs.
- Participation of The COWs in national CHOC campaigns - at a national and regional level as applicable.
- Effective and efficient coordination, financial and other management of all COW functions.
- Prepare The COWs newsletters and other communication pieces to be distributed, as agreed with The COW Working Committee or The COW chair in coordination as required with the CEO and/or BDU Manager.
- To ensure that all COW communication channels and platforms, including the website, Facebook, Twitter, etc. are maintained and have updated content at all times.
- Ensure all donations are acknowledged and thanked within 48 hours of receipt.
- To effectively manage public relations matters relating to The Cows, including but not only, press releases, interviews and regular communications (such as emails).
- Internal communication - to keep The Cows informed of relevant CHOC information and news and (vice versa) to keep CHOC informed of relevant Cow information and news.
- The management of the various donation portals (GivenGain, other online funding platforms, Snapscan, etc).
- Liaison, tracking and coordination of all COWs and COW teams.
- To ensure that the “COW stampede” report is updated on a regular basis.
- To participate and provide feedback at all COW Committee and COW Working Committee meetings.
- To work collaboratively with the CEO and BDU Manager to ensure that marketing materials appropriately address the purpose of CHOC and The COWs.
- Responsible for the management and oversight of The COWs merchandise and kit, including ordering, sourcing preferential suppliers, stock taking and distribution.
- It’s essential that the applicant has a proven track-record in event management, preferably in raising funds from sporting events and/or from corporates; with a minimum of five years' such experience.
- Must have an understanding of sporting events, sporting culture and preferably be the type of person who participates in sports events on a regular basis.
- Experience in written communication, such as marketing proposals, newsletters and the like. Needs to have very good writing and general communication skills (in English).
- An understanding of and connection to The COWs ethos and 'culture'.
- Able to work with figures and do reports that include figures.
- High level computer literacy – in particular Excel, Word, Powerpoint and a database application (CRM).
- Good people interaction skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent general organising skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, and willing to work after hours when required.
- Ability to function smoothly under strict deadlines and shifting priorities.
- A team player who also works well independently.
In addition to the above minimum requirements, the following are distinct advantages:
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- An understanding of the NGO sector and the fundraising sector is an advantage.
- Well networked and the ability to network.
- Fluency in one of the other of South Africa’s 11 official languages (i.e. in addition to English).
- Good analytical skills.
Posted on 10 Oct 11:47
Get job alerts for Coordinator jobs
- Admin Coordinator – Supply Chain, Vereeniging, Christian Art Distributors
- Grants Coordinator - Finance, Johannesburg, Braamfontein
- Truck Driver/Warehouse Coordinator, Johannesburg, Randburg
- Junior Estimator/Production Coordinator, Germiston, Worldwide Positions
- Publicity Coordinator, Johannesburg, Highlands North
- Digital Marketing Media Coordinator, Pretoria, Centurion, Recruit Digital
- Conference/Event Coordinator, Johannesburg, Bryanston
- Social Media Content/Community Coordinator, Johannesburg, Parktown North
- Events/Activations Coordinator, Pretoria
- Studio Manager, Johannesburg, Bryanston
- Network/Desktop Administrator, Johannesburg, Western Suburbs, MPRTC Recruitment
- Sales/Office Manager, Johannesburg
- Event Manager, Randburg
- Administrator - Content, Pretoria, Centurion, Telkom
- Print Production Administrator, Midrand, Randjes Park
- Regional Promotions Manager, Johannesburg, Randburg
- Call Centre Administrator, Johannesburg, HR Studio
- Retail Manager, Johannesburg, HR Studio
- Intern Administrator, Cape Town, Observatory, Black River Park, Ipsos South Africa
- Online Travel Researcher, Johannesburg, Illovo Boulevard, Sandton
- Software Trainer, Johannesburg, Modderfontein
- WebLogic Administrator, Johannesburg, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Sales/Marketing, Pretoria, Centurion
- WebLogic Administrator, Johannesburg, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Office Manager, Johannesburg, Ranburg
- Senior Bookkeeper/Office Manager, Johannesburg, Wendywood
- Promotions Manager, Johannesburg, Fourways
- Social Media Specialist, Johannesburg, Paulshof, Bryanston, Sandton