|Get jobs on your |
Head of Marketing
|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Benefits:||Within the cost to company package|
|Company:||Viv Gordon Placements (VGP)|
We have a sterling opportunity for an innovative and strategically-minded Head of Marketing at an established retail company based in Johannesburg. In this exciting role you will be responsible for creating, planning, implementing, managing and measuring the success of a comprehensive Marketing and Communications strategy that will assist in achieving the company’s financial objectives and enhance the company image, brand and strengthen the company’s positioning in the market place. The successful candidate will be responsible for Brand Strategy & Implementation, Architecture, Management and Review, campaign planning/review and margin management. You will have the wonderful opportunity of being involved in new product selection and for conceptualising and managing new product launches. You’ll enjoy taking charge of editorial direction, design and production of all marketing materials as well as conducting regular Market Research and keeping abreast with trends and competitor activity. We’re looking for someone with good financial acumen who can develop budgets for Marketing and Communications activities, monitoring the progress, assuring adherence and evaluating performance. You’ll lead the Marketing team and be a customer and supplier liaison. It’s a wonderful chance to take the lead and shine! Don’t miss out.
- Responsible for developing the monthly, quarterly and annual campaign planning
- Responsible for developing and executing the production of the Campaign Handouts every month.
- Responsible for developing and executing the Product Catalogues (styling, designing, photography, concepts etc.)
- Responsible for Campaign reviews with a focus on proposition solutions.
- Track pricing execution vs plan on campaign basis.
- Participate in product development to ensure customer and field energy and engagement.
- Develop and execute product launches for all new products.
- Plan regular product flows with strong consumer offers to maximise product sales and meet margin targets.
- Packaging design to support company brand.
- Responsible for all social media and communications content management and communications.
- Responsible for website strategy and look/feel.
- Responsible for producing all marketing materials (Catalogues, Campaign Handouts, Newsletters, Promotional & Product Handouts).
- Responsible for strategic planning and execution of all events.
- Set annual Marketing plan to meet established financial objectives.
- Responsible for performing reviews during and beyond planning process.
- Prepare contingency plans if any need appears.
- Track margins for all campaigns and provide analysis.
- Lead the planning process.
- Share and implement best practice related to marketing, campaign and category management.
- Provide clear expectations and guidance.
- Performance tracking.
- Event management.
- Build relationships with suppliers with respect to design, travel promotions, events, printing etc.
- Develop training materials and manuals.
- On-going competitor analysis
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant Marketing Degree/Diploma
- Around 10 years’ experience
- A seasoned Campaign Manager and Brand Manager
- Experience heading up a Marketing Department
- Strategic thinker
- Social Media experience
- Able to lead and manage a team
- Effective decision maker
- Strong communication skills
- Planning and organising abilities
- Team player with team management experience
- Influencing & negotiation abilities
- Big picture thinker
- Able to make things happen
Company DescriptionViv Gordon Placements (VGP) is a specialist recruitment agency in the advertising, marketing, media, public relations and publishing industries.
Posted on 17 Jul 08:00
+27 21 422 1037