|Get jobs on your |
Junior Financial Accountant
|Location:||Cape Town, Salt River|
|Company:||Red & Yellow Creative School of Business|
Job descriptionPOSITION: Financial Accountant-Permanent
Location: Salt River, Cape Town
Junior Financial Accountant
The successful candidate will join our small but turbo-charged Finance Team and will work closely with our Financial Director and Shared Services Team in looking after the R&Y Group of companies and helping build a scalable, well-governed financial infrastructure to serve a fast-growing and highly ambitious business. We embrace change and new technologies in everything we do, and the FA will play a critical role to ensure our Finance team remains world class.
A typical day may look like
We will expect you to challenge yourself and will give you as much rope as you’re prepared to accept. Your ability to grow and develop your career is dependent entirely on your appetite to take on responsibility. At the outset, your duties would include the following
- Daily cashbook processing and reconciliation
- Assistance with Daily invoicing
- Ensuring that credit notes are investigated and managed
- Manage debtors’ cycle: Account reconciliations, Collection of debts, Age Analysis monitoring
- Prepare and upload payments batches for authorization
- Maintenance of Income Release schedules
- Assistance with Commission Calculations
- Reconciliation of control accounts and clearance accounts
- Reconcile intercompany charges and accounts
- Manage incoming payment requisitions and preparing them for review
- Reconcile creditor accounts
- Ad hoc journal processing and account maintenance
- Ad hoc requests from management and reporting requirements
- Managing digital and physical filing processes
- Experience with Xero (advantageous)
- Comfortable with Excel
- Comfortable with Google Docs (advantageous)
- Knowledge of cloud-based accounting (advantageous)
- Completed studies or studying towards a relevant degree advantageous
- Completed articles (SAICA/SAIPA/SAIBA) advantageous
RequirementsHave you Got What it Takes?
- You must be a “radiator”, with a genuine passion for learning, education and people.
- You are ambitious and resilient – you want to change the world, and don’t let obstacles and negativity hold you back.
- You are a brave problem-solver; approachable yet assertive, and a highly effective communicator.
- You are proactive and forward thinking. You have a keen eye for detail and are obsessive with accuracy and order.
- Excellent record-keeping is an essential hallmark of any world-class Finance department.
- You are deadline driven – critical!
- You love working with people and take pride in seeing them flourish and excel.
- You believe that a well-rounded education is the gateway to the future.
- You pay attention to details and as far as you’re concerned, anything worth doing, is worth doing right
- You think on your feet. You like learning new things, and you can learn quickly. When things change, you can roll with the punches.
- You communicate clearly You write well. You speak eloquently. You can explain just about anything to anyone.
- You are motivated and driven. You volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked.
- You’re going to take ownership of the time you spend with us. You get the job done on time.
- Must be self-starter able to take own initiative
- Excellent filing skills (physical and digital)
- Passion for education and self-study
- Comfortable in culturally diverse environment
- Take advantage of our vibrant and inspirational campus
- Sign up for all our online courses for free!
- Reap the financial rewards that our commission structure offers top performers
- Join our team of innovative and top-notch people who make things happen
- Medical Aid
- Pension Fund
- Friends & Family discount on courses offered by R&Y
- Prime Location in the heart of Salt River
Posted on 14 May 09:11
Get job alerts for Accountant jobs
- Junior Accountant/Bookkeeper, Cape Town, Canal Walk, Willowbridge, West Coast Personnel
- Accountant, Cape Town, Newlands, West Coast Personnel
- Financial Accountant, Cape Town, Elsies River, West Coast Personnel
- Accountant, Cape Town, MPRTC Recruitment
- Financial Accountant, Cape Town, Observatory
- SAIPA Accountant, Cape Town, Talent Magnet | Digital Recruitment
- Accountant/Bookkeeper, Cape Town, Observatory, West Coast Personnel
- Netcare: Assistant Accountant, Cape Town, N1 City, Goodwood, Rhens Consulting
- Assistant Accountant, Cape Town, Tokai
- Accountant, Cape Town, Cape Town
- Accountant/Senior Bookkeeper, Cape Town, CBD, Newlands, LayerCake recruitment