|Get jobs on your |
Professor/Associate Professor/Senior Lecturer/Head of Division
Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
Department of Pathology
Division Haematological Pathology
Professor/Associate Professor/Senior Lecturer and Head of Division
Stellenbosch University is an inclusive, innovative and future focused institution, a place of discovery and excellence where both staff and students are thought leaders in advancing knowledge in the service of all stakeholders. In partnership with the National Laboratory Services (NHLS), we seek someone to provide vision and leadership to enhance our position as a leading Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences.
Appointment is on the joint establishment of Stellenbosch University and the National Health Laboratory Service on the conditions of service of the University.
Reporting to the Executive Head of the Department of Pathology, the incumbent is responsible for the overall strategic leadership of the Division, including:
- Service delivery and quality assurance of service in the field of Haematological Pathology within the NHLS;
- Providing and maintaining a consultative diagnostic service for patients and clinicians at Tygerberg Hospital, referral hospitals, and other institutions as indicated by the national coverage strategy of the NHLS;
- Developing and maintaining undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and training programmes in Haematological Pathology;
- Fostering an inclusive and collegial environment that encourages a high level of performance, communication and teamwork;
- Designing, executing and publishing research, including research on the initiation and implementation of new diagnostic techniques and procedures;
- Facilitating and supporting the research initiatives of staff within the Division;
- Supporting and contributing to the NHLS, University and other national/regional strategic initiatives.
- A postgraduate qualification in Haematological Pathology;
- Registration/compliance with the criteria for registration with the Health Professions Council of South Africa as a Specialist in Haematological Pathology;
- Management experience within an academic and service environment;
- Teaching experience in Haematological Pathology at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- Experience in and a proven record of independent and innovative research and guidance of research at a postgraduate level.
- A doctoral degree.
Closing date: 31 May 2018
Enquiries regarding job content: Prof. A Whitelaw on 021 938 4032, or on firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries regarding remuneration/benefits as well as technical assistance with the electronic application process: Human Resources Division, Tygerberg Campus on 021 938 9636
The University will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan, which acknowledges the need to diversify the demographic composition of the staff corps, especially with regard to the appointment of suitable candidates from the designated groups
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and e-mail address of at least three referees), must reach the University before or on the closing date of the advertised post.
Apply online at www.sun.ac.za/english/careers
The University reserves the right to investigate qualifications and conduct background checks on all candidates.
Should no feedback be received from the University within six weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application did not succeed.
Posted on 08 May 08:30
- German Speaking Retail Customer Service Associate, Cape Town, AKA Recruitment International
- German Speaking Digital Customer Service Associate, Cape Town, AKA Recruitment International
- Community Associate, Cape Town, Observatory, West Coast Personnel