|Get jobs on your |
|Remuneration:||R8000 - R15000 per month negotiable Basic salary|
|Benefits:||Access to lots of great travel and entertainment discounts & full month off every 5 years|
|Location:||Cape Town, Foreshore|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
Job descriptionWe’re seeking speedy, eagle-eyed individuals with a passion for accurate, informative and engaging content that conveys our travel, dining and entertainment expertise to our membership base. This content will be published throughout the world in our various publications and websites. With a thorough knowledge and understanding of the English language, the copy editor will be able to analyse, fact check and correct copy while upholding the style of the brand and its writers. This individual will become a gatekeeper for our clients' voices, ensuring all content adheres to the relevant policies. A keen eye for detail, excellent organisational skills and boundless curiosity are absolutely essential qualities for this role – and the successful incumbent will be able to write killer headlines, email subject lines and standfirsts.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Subediting and proofreading all content published in English with a meticulous eye for detail.
- Ensuring all copy is fact-checked, mined for inconsistencies and inaccuracies.
- Refreshing old content to ensure that details stand correct across all English digital platforms.
- Having a solid understanding of the voice of the brands and their audience.
- Writing articles as needed by the Features and Content Editors.
- Editing and creating brilliant, punchy, attention grabbing headers and sells.
- Working within the expected timeframes and deadlines.
- Keeping up to date on travel and lifestyle trends and news to inform article content.
- Working with Ten's worldwide specialists to support business growth through content creation
Company DescriptionTen Group are the global leader in quality lifestyle and travel concierge services. Growing at over 35% pa, the business has recently completed a successful AIM IPO, raising over £25 million to invest into the company, with a market capitalisation of £120 million. The business presently generates net revenues of over £35 million, with ambitious growth targets for the coming financial years. Tens of millions of wealthy people can now use Ten Group’s services via corporate schemes and a much smaller private membership network.
Providing services from a 20-strong global office network, Ten have the model, team, platform, investment and ambitions to become the world’s largest and most trusted service. There is little doubt that they will become one of the iconic businesses of the next decade.
- Relevant experience as a sub-editor
- Relevant tertiary degree or qualification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong grammatical understanding
- Excellent general knowledge
- Have a strong understanding of our members, schemes and style of content that will appeal
- Be able to work independently
- Have excellent computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Office, CMS/basic html, basic picture editing
- Demonstrate strong administration skills and be able to prioritise workloads to meet strict deadlines for publication
- Be detail orientated and driven to ensure that demanding standards are met
- Be able to switch style, edit different types of copy to meet different client requirements, and deal with different variations of English
- Deadline driven
Posted on 03 May 12:53