|Get jobs on your |
Manager, Rock Engineering
|Remuneration:||R1500000 - R2000000 per year negotiable TCTC|
|Benefits:||Standard fringe benefits|
|Job level:||Management Snr|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
Job descriptionRole summary:
Responsible for the consulting engineers of the various mines of the group. The manager provides a rock mechanics service for the mining policy and long-term planning of the mines, as well as solutions of major problems which may arise
- Coordinate risk assessments, standards, processes, procedures, monitoring of rock stability.
- Draft and implement the code of practice.
- Design parameters for open pit operations.
- Ensure efficient and sufficient data collection.
- Sound geotechnical data collection and modeling.
- Slope and support designs.
- Structural stability monitoring of waste rock dumps and stockpiles
- Design suitable mining layouts and support, in accordance with Rock Engineering principles.
- Compile progress and budget reports, compile monthly technical reports, ad hoc project reports as well as memorandums on observations.
- Research, document and implement best practice rock engineering standards and procedures.
- Ensure SOP’s are in place and adhered to.
- Conduct PTO’s and risk assessments.
- Investigate and conduct feasibility studies to keep abreast with developments within the specialist field.
- Writing monthly safety reports.
- Ensure and comply with safety standards guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Oversee housekeeping principles are adhered to within area of control.
- People management
- Manage internal and external relations, including the interface with external providers responsible to ensure business needs are met and employees are satisfied.
- Industry related Degree or Diploma NQF 7
- Advance Rock Engineering Certificate or COMROCK
- National Honours Degree / MDP / MBA will be advantageous
- Medically fit (“Red Ticket”)
- 2 years rock engineering management experience
- 3 years operational strata control / geology / mining experience
- 6 to 8 years open pit experience
- 6 to 8 years’ experience in managing waste rock dumps and stockpiles
- Computer literate
Posted on 11 Apr 16:24