|Get jobs on your |
|Remuneration:||negotiable Market related|
An innovative money transfer company with a large footprint on the African continent seeks a highly skilled DevOps Engineer. Being exposed to a variety of web andmobi channels, you will be expected to help maintain the infrastructure across all environments. You must have five+ Years’ Dev and/or Operations experience of which at least two should have been within a Linux environment; a solid understanding of AWS Cloud Tech and skills including Configuration Management such as Puppet and Chef; Scripting tools such as Bash, PHP, Ruby and Python and experience configuring and monitoring core applications including Web Servers, Databases and Messaging Queues such as Apache, NGINX, MySQL,beanstalkd and RabbitMQ.
- Manage all environments as part of the DevOps team.
- Operating system and software installation and configuration.
- Monitor Linux systems for availability and performance.
- Collaborate with developers to bring new functionality to production effectively.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose root causes of problems.
- Conduct research, propose and implement technologies to enhance infrastructure.
- Develop and improve operational practices and procedures.
- Produce high-level design documentation.
- Ensure redundancy, failover and recovery of systems.
- Five+ years in Development and/or Operations; including: two+ years of administration of Linux environments.
- Solid expert level Linux experience.
- Good understanding and experience in AWS Cloud Technologies.
- Configuration Management - Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt.
- Scripting - Bash, PHP, Ruby, Python.
- Configuration and monitoring of core applications - web servers, databases, messaging queues - Apache, NGINX, MySQL, beanstalkd, RabbitMQ.
- Experience maintaining support applications - issue tracking (JIRA), CI (Jenkins), logging (ELK), deployments (Capistrano).
- Network management - DNS, routing, firewall, load balancing and proxy knowledge.
- Agile and TDD knowledge.
- VPN configuration.
- DBA knowledge - point-in-time backups, replication, performance tuning.
- Experience with building PCI systems.
- Strong problem solving and diagnostic skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Keen technologist, desire to work with the latest technologies and eager to learn.
- Interest in understanding the internals of software (what makes them tick).
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please email a Word copy of your CV to and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on http://www.datafin.com. Datafin IT Recruitment - Cape Town Jobs.
Posted on 12 Jan 10:18
DataFin was established in 1999. We pride ourselves on the fact that we have established relationships with industry leaders and a vast majority of our business is repeat business.
|Recent jobs by Datafin||City||Date posted|
|Credit Risk Analyst||Cape Town||23 Jan 15:08|
|PHP Developer||Cape Town||23 Jan 14:23|
|Java Developer||Cape Town||23 Jan 14:02|
|Intermediate - Senior Web Developer - C#||Cape Town||23 Jan 12:11|
|Senior Mobile Developer||Cape Town||23 Jan 12:08|
|C# Senior Software Engineer||Cape Town||23 Jan 12:07|
|Software Engineer - C#||Cape Town||23 Jan 12:05|
|Project Manager||Cape Town||23 Jan 11:59|
|Software Engineer - Java||Cape Town||23 Jan 07:55|
|C# Senior Developer||Johannesburg||23 Jan 07:54|