Recruitment forums

Biz Takeouts

Tune into Biz Takeouts Radio Show on 2oceansvibe Radio today at 9am with show host Warren Harding (@bizWazza) as he chats to Michael Carney from Harley Davidson Africa (@HarleyAfrica), Alex Harrington-Griffin (@Alex_H_Griffin) from One Up Agency (@OneUpAgency), Dirk Tolken (@dirktolken) from Semantic Digital (@SemanticaSA) and Kisha van Vuuren (@quichekish) from Tin Can PR (@tincanpr)

Listen to the live stream in:

Subscribe to industry newsletters

Press offices

Enquire about a press office
Advertise with us
Advertise & RatesMy Account
Company press officeList company
Recruitment packagesSubmit job ad
Download ratecard
Recruitment forums

Legal advice on starting a recruitment agency

| 7 Nov 2008 07:40
How to start a recruitment agency, legal advice needed
I want to start a recruitment agency, and have more or less all of the info regarding the 'how to's' in the business. All that I need now is the legal procedures on how to start it, can you do it as a sole propriator, partnership, company... What is the best option. Are there any legal standards and procedures that one have to comply to in the beginning?

Any help will be appreciated
Forum created by Chantell Gericke

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This Message Board accepts no liability of legal consequences that arise from the Message Boards (e.g. defamation, slander, or other such crimes). All posted messages are the sole property of their respective authors. The maintainer does retain the right to remove any message posts for whatever reasons. People that post messages to this forum are not to libel/slander nor in any other way depict a company, entity, individual(s), or service in a false light; should they do so, the legal consequences are theirs alone. Bizcommunity.com will disclose authors' IP addresses to authorities if compelled to do so by a court of law.
Jaco Voges
Good day

Our company can help with the screening of potential candidates.

www.bendito.co.za

Regards
Jaco
Posted on 29 Jul 2014 10:43
Jaco Voges
Good day

We are a company helping recruitment companies conducting background checks on potential candidates to found out the authenticity of their CV.
Posted on 17 Jun 2014 12:08
shingai zumbika
shingai zumbika
we are experts in the IT field in SA and would like to take on recruitment. what are the steps and who do we need to register with?
Posted on 29 Jan 2014 11:23
Mel
Hi, I a interested in starting a recruitment agency, & like many of the other posts I need advice or information regarding the legal procedure involved and red tape involved.
thanx.
Posted on 6 Jan 2014 16:04
KevinShine
Well, superb informative post.
"Make your first call.." I liked this the most. We know that opening a recruitment business in not that tough and hectic as compared to others. Few capitals and some potential clients can help you to run your business very smooth.
Also, if you guys are looking forward to read a book starting a business then book "How To Start An HR Consultancy Company?" might be very useful. This book is a step by step guide for entrepreneurs who plan to start their own HR recruitment and Consulting business. More info: http://gsjobpoint.com/how-to-start-a-hr-consultancy-company.php
Posted on 31 Aug 2013 11:44
Erance Sendelani Magoro
Erance Sendelani Magoro
One challenge after getting up and running is finding your candidates. Most recruitment websites charge an arm and a leg out there. I found this one http://www.jobme.co.za . They have candidates and it's frr to post your Jobs
Posted on 26 Apr 2013 09:01
nonhlanhla hlongwane
nonhlanhla hlongwane
Good day
I am highly interested in starting a recruitment agency since long but wanted to get some insight first but now my question is my payment, how do i get paid, or is it if the company offers R3000,I get R500 on a monthly bases from that employees salary.
Posted on 18 Apr 2013 12:16
Erance Sendelani Magoro
Erance Sendelani Magoro
One challenge after getting up and running is finding your candidates and advertising your Jobs. Most recruitment websites charge an arm and a leg out there. I found this one http://www.jobme.co.za . They have candidates and it's free to post your Jobs, manage CVs plus they actively market your agency in major social networks.
Posted on 26 Apr 2013 09:04
Erance Sendelani Magoro
Erance Sendelani Magoro
One challenge after getting up and running is finding your candidates and advertising your Jobs. Most recruitment websites charge an arm and a leg out there. I found this one http://www.jobme.co.za . They have candidates and it's free to post your Jobs, manage CVs plus they actively market your agency in major social networks.
Posted on 26 Apr 2013 09:03
seshoka lawrance
seshoka lawrance
I want to start my own recruitment agency...people who are experts and went through this type of company,please help me.sellols@gmail.com
Posted on 12 Nov 2012 14:52
Leon Allen
Hi
I’ve been in the offshore oil and gas industry for a long time, as well as my wife. We know the ins and outs of oil and gas and she already has a small restaurant. We are looking into starting a agency to place people offshore. We know where to send them for training and get certified for offshore positions, and know some people we have worked with offshore. Our lawyer is great and will draw up contracts for us. WHAT MORE DO WE NEED????? Can we run something like this under the restaurant’s name? We do not want to look like a fly by night thing, so our docs and all will be professional and proper our presentations are already worked on. If anyone can give us more info we will be happy to pay for advice.
Posted on 11 Sep 2012 16:44
apt biz
apt biz
If anyone is looking for a website to help boost their marketing and Agency branding, then please contact us on: info@aptatbiz.com www.aptatbiz.com
Posted on 7 Sep 2012 21:25
Jose Braz
Jose Braz
Good day everybody, I'm looking at starting a recruitment company that will solely focus on training and recruiting potential employees, with a specific niche' in mind. however I have no clue on how the commence, that is red tape to follow, financial institutions that could help with injecting start up running capital and SARS regulations. Please give me some professional advice. Alternatively you can contact via email mrbraz41@yahoo.com

Kind Regards
Jose'
Posted on 19 Aug 2012 19:58
mosole Ramasodi
Reed Employment agency-
Hi
Im looking to open an employment agency could you please advice if there are legal channels to follow i already have a registered company
Posted on 3 Feb 2012 22:17
Anonymous
Legal advice on starting a recruitment agency-
Im starting a company on recruitment so i dont have a clue on how it works, how they make profit,what to do for preparations of advertising.please help
Posted on 1 Dec 2008 15:38