A RECLAIM Action Committee is facilitating a community project entitled Project RECLAIM, creating an opportunity for the local community to reclaim the natural beauty of the area, Upper Strand Street and surroundings which includes the adjacent slopes of Signal Hill.
The project also encompasses the reclaiming of the human dignity of the desperate and vagrant persons in the area. The envisaged outcome is: The whole area transformed into a beautiful garden, frequented by the community, maintained, clean and crime free.
The vision is that this single project will become a model for duplication in other areas. The following Action Plans are in place (each incorporating the mentioned details)
1. Clean-up Action Plan Litter and pollution clean-up Alien Vegetation clean-up Clean-up of vagrancy (See the "Social Development Action Plan" here below)
2. Landscaping Action Plan Natural vegetation for Signal Hill slopes Trees, shrubs and flowers for roadside park Redevelopment of rainwater channel
3. Social Development Action Plan Various social development interactions with vagrants and job seekers including accommodation and "industrious life alternatives" to begging and crime. Special structures to involve persons from all levels of the community to be involved locally.
4. Law Enforcement Action Plan Specialised interactions with desperate persons also incorporating community service through Community Court diversion programmes.
5. Community Involvement Action Plan Gardening Cleaning Picnicking Gyming Community events
6. Area Maintenance Plan Structural maintenance; Cleanliness maintenance; Gardening maintenance.
We plan a "Community Involvement Event Day": Sat 01 September 2012
The community is invited to participate with suggestions, volunteering or joining a particular Action Plan Committee. Please email or phone Hannes van der Merwe on 072 607 4508
Date: 01 September 2012 Location: Upper Strand Street, Cape Town
Contact: Hannes van der Merwe Company name: Straatwerk Telephone number: 072 607 4508 Email address
Promote an event by submitting a workshop, seminar or any other corporate gathering to promote your brand on Bizcommunity. Posted event listings display in the Biz Event Calendar, where they will be visible to all users on Bizcommunity, and they may even be included in the relevant daily/weekly industry newsletters.