This course - written by a leading travel writer - was designed to give you all the tools and tips you need to launch yourself into this exciting genre of writing.
Become a travel writer - one of the most glamorous and exciting fields of journalism.
Modules: 10 lessons
Length: course can be completed at own pace: between 10 weeks and five months
Registration: online at www.sawriterscollege.co.za
; sign up and start at any time
Students must complete
- 10 writing exercises (for assessment and feedback)
- One full-length article of publishable quality (for assessment and feedback)
- Basic writing skills are essential
- Computer skills, email and internet access required
- No previous tertiary qualification required
- Don Pinnock is a former editor of Getaway magazine in Cape Town, South Africa. He is the author of 13 books and has written countless travel articles for magazines and newspapers. He is a director of Southern Write, an association of top travel writers and photographers in Africa.
Don has a PhD in political science, an MA in criminology, a BA in African history and has published a post-doctoral study on gangs, rituals and rites of passage. He has held lectureships in journalism (Rhodes University) and criminology (University of Cape Town) and completed his PhD research at London University.
- Module one - What is travel writing?
- Module two - Targeting your market
- Module three - Topics that sell
- Module four - The travel writing industry revealed
- Module five - The compelling opener
- Module six - Body-building Part I
- Module seven - Body-building Part II
- Module eight - Body-building Part III
- Module nine - Finishing off in style
- Module ten - The final cut
For full course details and FAQ, please visit us at www.sawriterscollege.co.za