Learn how to create effective advertising ideas and develop your skill as a writer to communicate them in relevant, rewarding and unexpected ways.
The Introduction to copywriting course is for anyone:
- Who is interested in becoming involved in the advertising industry.
- Who would like to find out more about the skills required to become a successful copywriter.
- Who is involved in the writing or development of advertising communication for a particular product or service.
- Who is involved in the process of generating communication ideas
- Who would like to focus their writing skills to create more effective advertising material.
There are many opportunities for copywriters to find work, whether it involves working for an advertising agency, working in-house directly for a client or freelancing on a variety of different projects.
This eight-module course will help you:
- Develop techniques for generating focused ideas
- Develop your writing skills to become an effective communicator
- Understand your target audience more carefully
- Focus your sales message
- Write in a way that connects with customers
- Develop advertising communication that makes a direct impact on sales or business opportunities
- Understand how to write for different media
- Understand the context of your message in the marketplace
- Think visually and laterally
Modules: Eight modules
Length: Course can be completed at own pace: between 12 weeks and nine months
Registration: Online at http://www.sawriterscollege.co.za/
- Basic writing skills are essential
- Computer skills, email and internet access required
- No previous tertiary qualification required
Tutor: Mandy Speechly
Mandy Speechly has been working as a copywriter in the advertising industry for over fifteen years. She has worked full-time and as a freelancer for leading international advertising agencies in Johannesburg and Cape Town, on a range of different media including television, print, radio, brochures, promotions and websites.
Mandy is now head of copy at the AAA School of Advertising in Cape Town where she works as the graduate copywriting lecturer. She also runs part-time copywriting courses in the evenings and continues to work for different advertising agencies and clients on a freelance basis.