Kids and Teens are powerful consumers, but it's vital that marketers and brand managers understand them and their worlds in order to actively engage with them. Knowledge Resources is hosting the annual event on Marketing to Kids, Tweens and Teens on 21 - 22 August 2012 in Johannesburg.
Tuesday, 21 August: Half-day Workshop on 'Exploring the developmental stages of kids and teens to bridge the gaps in your marketing strategy'
Wednesday, 22 August: One-day Seminar on marketing to kids, tweens and teens (programme below)
By attending this event you will gain key insight into this unique market, find out what makes them tick, learn how to engage with them and how to successfully introduce your brand to them and their gatekeepers! The seminar will also include a highly interactive panel discussion session with kids and teens.
One-day seminar, 22 August 2012
- Interactive panel discussion with kids and teens - get your questions answered! Facilitated by Addi Lang, Owner, Caitlin's Casting - boutique character casting agency
- Youth: 'kasi vs. 'burbs (Comparing and contrasting the lives and consumer behaviour of suburban, township and rural youth) Jason Levin, Managing Director, HDI Youth Marketeers
- Tweens and teens - the wiring of a new breed! Jane Lyne, Managing Director, Youth Dynamix
- There's a new mom in town! Let me introduce you to the Alpha Mom... Helen Schöer, Editor, Baba & Kleuter/Media24 Parenting Titles
- Branded entertainment and product placement - creating a cool brand experience for teens Richard Morgan-Grenville, CEO, Strika Entertainment
- Using animation as a tool to market to kids Wendy Leissner-Machanik, Producer and Partner, Koki
- Social marketing and social dynamics in primary schools in the low-income sector -'Izandla Ziyagezana' GG Alcock, Managing Director, Minanawe Marketing
- Word of mouth in the tween and teen market Jason Stewart, Co-founder, HaveYouHeard
Half-day workshop - 21 August 2012
Exploring the developmental stages of kids and teens to bridge the gaps in your marketing strategy Facilitated by Carol Affleck, Developmental Psychologist, Youth Focus
Today's kids and teens are very different to previous generations. The past decade has seen revolutionary changes in the world of digital technology, and children and teens are carried along in a tide of change, which is accelerating at a pace never witnessed before.
As marketers and researchers, we ask ourselves how to tackle this fickle market and we question whether we actually understand these kids and the way they think.
During this half-day workshop, you will go back to the basics, ensuring that you fully understand the developmental stages children of all ages go through in their journey to adulthood. Carol will also examine research techniques appropriate to each stage of development in an effort to capture the essence of what works and what doesn't with each age group.
Registration fees: Half-day Workshop: 21 August 2012 - R2 025 (incl. VAT) One-day Seminar: 22 August 2012 - R4 150 (incl. VAT) Workshop and Seminar: 21 - 22 August 2012 - R6 050 (incl. VAT)
The above registration fees include lunch, refreshments, parking and workshop and seminar material.
Special Offers: Register three delegates and the fourth delegate attends FREE of charge! Special discount for registered NPOs, small businesses (30 or less employees) and full-time lecturers at universities/colleges/schools - contact us for more information!
To book, contact Maxine Pretorius: or 011 706 6009
Date: 21 August 2012 to 22 August 2012 Location: Johannesburg More info: Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel (directly opposite the Sandton Gautrain Station)
Promote an event by submitting a workshop, seminar or any other corporate gathering to promote your brand on Bizcommunity. Posted events display in the Bizcommunity calendar where they will be visible to all users on Bizcommunity.