The People Element's founding principle is that the potential of people, the true human resources of a company or organisation, is unlimited. The challenge this presents remains the same: How do we recognise, mobilize and release this potential?
We are proud to introduce a one day conference titled People Effectiveness @ Work - this will be our first Annual Conference on the Psychology of Personal and Team Effectiveness. For most of 2011, the focus of The People Element was an extensive research study on the concept of People Effectiveness. The questions we set out to answer were as follows:
1. What exactly is effectiveness? How do we define this?
2. What makes one person, or one team, more effective than another? How do we measure effectiveness?
3. Once we have a definition for, and a measurement of, effectiveness - how do we increase this, both at a personal and team level?
4. How can we influence the effectiveness of another person? What does this mean for managers and team leaders? What practical skills can we apply?
5. And then, ultimately, how do we sustain this new level of people effectiveness?
Our research led us to some of the thought-leaders in the field of People Effectiveness, both local and international. In the People Effectiveness @ Work Conference in February 2012 - the first of its kind in South Africa - we invite you to meet these thought-leaders, to listen to their findings, and to share in their practical skills, tools and knowledge.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Those directly responsible for, or influential in, the effectiveness of others within their particular work environments. Including Supervisors; Team Leaders; all levels of Management including Executive; HR personnel; all members of teams; etc.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?
The conference will delve into what it means to be inwardly and outwardly effective in the workplace and how this could be applied to oneself and ones team. We have sourced industry experts who, in different ways, will provide knowledge and practical techniques to inspire, develop and maintain surroundings that are both:
- Energising and emotionally healthy; - Productive and performance-driven.
SPEAKERS TO INCLUDE:
- Jabu Ndlovu - HRD, Microsoft South Africa.
- Gerald Sherman - Head of Customer Centricity and Operational Excellence, Hollard.
- Dr Henning Gericke - Professional Speaker and Sports Psychology Expert (Dr Gericke was Team Psychologist for the Springbok Rugby Team and was in France with the team for the IRB Rugby World Cup 2007. He has also worked with the Bafana Bafana Soccer Team and the Protea One Day Cricket Team. Over the last three years he has also worked extensively with Corporate Teams showing how Sports Psychology can be used in the corporate world to motivate and drive performance.).
- Harald Korn - Chairman of The Performance Group, Oslo, Norway (The Performance Group's work is based on the belief that people, not pieces of paper, make strategies happen and businesses succeed. TPG`s unique combination of solid business understanding and deep knowledge of how people and organisations exist and develop has helped a wide range of clients since their start in 1988. From their base in Oslo, and through their offices in Sweden and Denmark, they mainly serve multinational companies with headquarters in Scandinavia and Central Europe.).
- Katie Demain - Founder Member and Global Partner, The IOpener Institute (The IOpener Institute (based in Oxford, in the United Kingdom) has spent years researching, driving and building a body of empirical evidence which shows that increased performance is closely connected with happy employees. Happiness at work is defined as a mind-set which allows employees and their organizations to maximize performance and achieve their potential. Katie delves into the structure of happiness at work showing you how to analyse and achieve it for yourself and/or your team.).
- Karin Wellman and Victoria Eriksson - Directors, The People Element (The People Element specializes in organizational psychology and people effectiveness by focusing on what we believe is the core of your organization: your people.).
COST: R1980 per person. Corporate discounts on bulk bookings of four or more delegates will be given.
To read more about The People Element's view on stress in the workplace, click here.
Date: 08 May 2012 Location: Midrand Conference Centre, Johannesburg Cost: 1980 per person More info: The Midrand Conference Centre in Johannesburg (easy access from the Gautrain bus route). Please see their website for further details: http://www.midrandconferencecentre.co.za/
Contact: Vicky Eriksson Company name:The People Element Telephone number: +27 82 884 9588 Email address
Promote an event by submitting a workshop, seminar or any other corporate gathering to promote your brand on Bizcommunity. Posted events display in the Bizcommunity calendar where they will be visible to all users on Bizcommunity.