Media comments

Kevin Savage
Why is radio advertising so damn dismal?
Chris you are quite right. I can remember playing a spot advertising a workshop on 'How to Write the Perfect 30 Sec radio Spot'. That spot was 45 secs!
And syations themselves can't get even their own stuff right. 56702 are still playing a promo for their old weekend breafast programming 2 weeks after changing it.
Posted on 25 Jul 2014 12:02
Tim Singiswa
Police Act placed under review
Freedom and security of the person.Everyone has the right not to be deprived of freedomarbitrarily or without just cause!Not to be detained without trial;to be free from all forms of violence either public or private sources!Not to be tortured in any way...and not to be treated or punished in a cruel,inhumane or degrading way!Everyone has the right to bodilyand psychological integrity which includes the right to make decisions convcerning reproduction!
Posted on 25 Jul 2014 08:22
Tim Singiswa
Police Act placed under review
Posted on 25 Jul 2014 08:20
Michelle Hummel
What should a modern marketing manager be able to do?
Thanks Chemory for informative article. It is compact and to the point. I most likes "Utilise modern technology efficiently". I believe that modern marketing manager should well aware with the marketing technologies which are effective and save time and resource. I invite you to read my article, 8 Important Tips for Your Company’s Social Media Marketers.
Posted on 25 Jul 2014 07:21
Monique Gibson
What should a modern marketing manager be able to do?
Thanks for sharing the article Chemory.

I would add that a modern marketing manager should be comfortable with raw data. The skills required to read, manipulate and report off raw data is fast becoming one of the most powerful skills marketing managers can have. As head of New Business Dev for a Marketing Analytics company, part of our role is to help marketing managers get to a point where they are so comfortable with data that they are no longer reliant on summary reports from multiple divisions / platforms. Use REAL data in REAL-time (where possible) to make REAL decisions (data-based decision making). When this starts happening, it's impossible to see marketing as a fluffy or "inferior" role in the business.
Posted on 24 Jul 2014 16:37
Vida Li Sik
Quality over quantity
The sad thing about today's fast-food writing, is that a lot of times, the basic five Ws and H are missing. I hate reading a news story that leaves me with questions like "how old is this person?" or the 'why" behind what happened.
Posted on 24 Jul 2014 15:47
Andrea Mitchell
DigiChat with Andrea: Mobile Advertising & Marketing
Glad you enjoyed it :)
Posted on 24 Jul 2014 15:33
Stuart Magooze
Avoid these five common digital media mistakes
Great read. To often agency boast about sending 100 000 visits to their clients website, yet the agency running the campaign have not implemented any tracking code on the site. So they cannot say how many of these visits have turned into potential customers. tracking code is so easy to implement, yet nearly always overlooked. Conversion optimisation can also help you improve your return on investment for online campaigns.
Posted on 24 Jul 2014 15:23
Stuart Magooze
What should a modern marketing manager be able to do?
Great Article again Chemory. I cant emphasize enough about the importance understanding the power of the internet. Things like Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) can be one of the most cost effective way to create brand awareness and bring sales leads to your business. People that find your website are a captive audience, they are searching for your product or service. With online you can track every visit, how long they where on the site, what pages they visited, if they contacted you. Here is a brief overview of Advantages of Internet Marketing
Posted on 24 Jul 2014 15:13
Jason Xenopoulos
The selfie
Thanks so much for your response, Fezile.

Have you read "The Circle" by Dave Eggers? It is a novel that explores some of the issues you have raised - the line between public and private, the notion of openness and sharing and at what point it is all just too much.

I really enjoyed it (-:
Posted on 24 Jul 2014 14:59
Jason Xenopoulos
The selfie
Lol! Yes, I am standing in a bathroom.

Funny story: I was stuck in an all day conference in Istanbul when I was asked to take a Selfie to accompany this article. I had literally no time, and I had to find somewhere suitable to take it inside the building. I decided that a photo of me taking a photo of me would be suitably self-reflective, so I went in search of a mirror. No prizes for guessing where I found one (-:
Posted on 24 Jul 2014 14:59
Gerhard Bouwer
Actually, Hlaudi is the right man for the job...
And that unfortunately is the whole and absolute truth &
Preaching to the choir does not help.Even those who know the difference between their wallets and integrity are blinded by their own twisted sense of reconstituting injustices of the past.
Posted on 24 Jul 2014 14:38
Pay with a Tweet
Pay for what you eat with a tweet
Hey guys, we are Pay with a Tweet (www.paywithatweet.com). We saw your website and obviously think its a great concept! Maybe we can do something together! Best, Anna
Posted on 24 Jul 2014 12:31
Riaan Kriel
DigiChat with Andrea: Mobile Advertising & Marketing
Top article, really enjoyed this one Andrea! I guess when you get the best of breed together, and you get to ask them the questions you did, as a marketing and sales guy you have to sit up and take note of what was said, I know I did!!
Posted on 24 Jul 2014 11:29
peter lawton
Actually, Hlaudi is the right man for the job...
I don't know whether Chris is 'tongue-in-cheek' on this. Whilst at face value this seems the case in this story, never-the-less, his analysis is one hundred percent plausible given the reality of our ex-democracy.
Posted on 24 Jul 2014 11:12
Karyn Romero
The selfie
Great article! and good comment too - Are we questioning the importance of placing relevant context to your chosen moment to share that selfie -is it key in creating the perception of being acceptably appropriate? or is it the intimacy we are purposefully challenging - and on the lighter side it does look like you are standing in the bathroom...? I hope you washed your hands first! :)
Posted on 24 Jul 2014 10:45
Marion Scher
Quality over quantity
But sadly, it's not people like you (a really good writer) who understand this.... Tx for the kind words.
Posted on 24 Jul 2014 10:41
Quality over quantity
Posted on 24 Jul 2014 10:41
Claire Mason
Quality over quantity
Superb piece Marion. Engagement only happens when the content provides value. There's far more to the "content is king" adage than filling word counts.
Posted on 24 Jul 2014 10:30