Radio comments

Chemory Gunko
How social media is destroying our society
Thanks Viv :) Appreciated :)
Posted on 31 Jul 2014 15:43
Alexander Gaillard
How social media is destroying our society
As with virtually anything in the world there is always going to be a dark side to it. Yes it may create certain societal problems but I still think there a number of benefits that social media creates for cultures, subcultures and even old friends to connect. I don't think the answer is to completely neglect the medium but rather to find your own place within it. The ability to connect with people I haven't seen in years has helped me out many times and if it weren't for social media those people would probably have been lost to me. So many times I've heard my parents say "I wonder where [such and such a person] is". I may not ever talk to these people but I find it interesting to see the paths that people take through life, I'm not doing it to compare myself to them but really just for my own interest. Similar comments about social media could be said about cell phones. Should we throw those away? Or TV? Or the media? And what about the calendar? Or 24 hour time? You could argue that they're controlling our lives just as much as social media.
Posted on 31 Jul 2014 15:23
Alexander Gaillard
How social media is destroying our society
Posted on 31 Jul 2014 15:21
Richard Gee
Medupi plant to be ready in December
Thanks.

Just experienced my 15th power failure in Pretoria over the past 12 months. Experienced 1 power failure in Cape Town in 38 years.
Posted on 31 Jul 2014 15:12
viv quann
How social media is destroying our society
I have yet to find an article written by you that I didn't like! Saying it like it is! Love it!
Posted on 31 Jul 2014 14:58
Pat Pughe-Parry
Quality over quantity
Great article. I have made "make every word count" as my mantra and it is stuck up on my wall above my computer. It is amazing how much "babble" you can turf when you follow this simple rule.

I also find it extremely irritating when you subscribe to a really good "Weekly" newsletter or blog that instantly evolves into 3+ times a day heap of nonsense.
Posted on 31 Jul 2014 11:41
Johan Horak
Holiday rental company doubles its website traffic
You say Google Adwords gives you dumb traffic. Interesting.
Posted on 31 Jul 2014 09:43
Roberto Carlos
If they bug you, eat 'em
I seriously don't like insect and eating them "NO" way. Few weeks ago, I had read an article which was by pest control rocklin team and it clearly says that eating insect like lizards, cockroaches, ants and other pest affects human body in many ways. Some studies as also proved that eating insects can cause diseases like cancer.
Posted on 31 Jul 2014 07:08
Thammy Zulu
South African online retailer offers lay-by system
Setting up online layby or lay-aside is payment option is actually simple. Any website running on woocommerce, opencart, magento or prestashop can easily install and plug-in ! Up and running in few steps. Currently this option is only available on PayPal.See example here : http://gebzone.co.za/2014/07/buying-on-lay-buy-or-laybye-online-in-south-africa-plugin-woocommerce/
Posted on 30 Jul 2014 16:06
Raymond Buckle
Airtel wins case against Safaricom to open up M-Pesa
Open is better!
Posted on 30 Jul 2014 13:15
Marius Cronjé
Consumers fleece providers by cancelling debit orders
I represent a small retail group and this practice have reached crisis levels over recent months! Due to this, I went on a "fact finding mission" to the four major banks and Capitec recently.

All the staff I spoke with were very frustrated by the practice and due to the ever-increasing volumes, their systems have been streamlined to make the process easier and not block up the queues - in some cases they don't even need to complete forms anymore!

The Banking Ombudsman cannot assist unless we exhaust all the complaints procedures at branch level, but none of the banks were prepared to accept formal complaints form me. The Banking Council and the National Credit Regulator never responded to my enquiries.

I suggest that 1. banks make it harder for the consumers to dispute debit orders by requiring affidavits and/or lengthy questionnaires and 2. allow creditors to reverse disputes if they can offer proof that the debit orders were legitimate by presenting credit agreements or debit order forms.
Posted on 30 Jul 2014 09:45
Solving the maths problem - a brain development approach
Hi there,

I have managed to get a comment from Aarnout Brombacher and he has responded by saying: ‘Unfortunately, I am not able to confirm if the WCED’s assessment included Montessori schools as well as home-schooling stats. The WCED’s assessment report is unfortunately not available, only the assessment stats’.
Posted on 30 Jul 2014 08:55
Evan-Lee Courie
Solving the maths problem - a brain development approach
Hi there,

Posted on 30 Jul 2014 08:55
denver daylan
Giving your brand the "cool factor" in 2013 (part I)
Marketing and promotional strategy also matters, try having other offers from this site http://www.digiteksf.com/products/. This is the one I am also using on my business.
Posted on 30 Jul 2014 07:53
Audrey Greenwood
Magic Box reaches Zimbabwe
Digital and satellite boxes have been increasing in demand for the past few years and their popularity is gradually emerging in the market. Consumers now prefer to have ready access to a variety of channels not only from the local scene but from international broadcasters as well. People are now more choosy and demanding because they know there are many competitors out there in the industry who are always giving good discounts.
Posted on 30 Jul 2014 06:03
Audrey Greenwood
[2013 trends] Out-of-the-box branding
Branding is one key factor that drives sales. Without brand empowerment, consumers only make adhoc purchases to try out new products and the potential of them coming back to the same merchant is relatively smaller. However, once consumers are aware of a certain product name like packing boxes or even apparel, they will most likely be regular and loyal customers.
Posted on 30 Jul 2014 06:02
denver daylan
Digital marketing 2013: Lessons from the past
They have already learned perhaps. There are various changes of Digital Marketing specially it concerns about the online procedures which I thinks Google mostly update to filter legitimate business. This site http://www.digiteksf.com/direct-mail/ gives me all the best marketing strategy.
Posted on 30 Jul 2014 06:02
Mfanafuthi Khumalo
Rising middle class offers marketing opportunities
...and still true!!!
Posted on 29 Jul 2014 22:25
Marisol Gutierrez
Ford collects pet food for animal charities
Great to hear - thanks for going the extra mile, Ford! :) Animal charities receive no government funding and rely completely on the generosity of corporates and individuals. Wonderful to know that there are private sector partners willing to put a wag into those tails. Well done!
Posted on 29 Jul 2014 21:59
Anotherfloridian
The new home of Mediacore
lol the name mediacore is horrible, sounds and looks more like mediocre, which no one wants to be. Just saying!
Posted on 29 Jul 2014 16:39