Sponsorship comments

Solly MOENG
Solly MOENG
SA must put pressure on Swaziland to open society
It's not going to happen; South Africa will never put any kind of pressure on any government on the continent to urge them to be democratic. That would not be African brotherly conduct!
Posted on 22 Aug 2014 13:09
Warren Cowley
Warren Cowley
SA slow to adopt online shopping, with logistics a problem
Well where there are problems, there's opportunity
Posted on 22 Aug 2014 11:50
Kevin D. Jones
Kevin D. Jones
Using video on internal communication
Completely agree. I started creating videos to explain some of the concepts I consult about, because people were not catching on to the idea as quickly as I had hoped. I made a few videos for different circumstances and now all I do is show the 4ish minute video and they get it.

Since then I have had companies ask me to make videos for them because the value is so high. They are easy to distribute internally and are invaluable as a teaching or evangelizing aid.
Posted on 21 Aug 2014 17:53
Andre de Wet
Andre de Wet
Sanral rejects Cape Town's bid to halt toll roads
''He claimed unemployed local residents were strongly in favour of the Wild Coast project, which they believed would create jobs.'' - In what fantasy world does this idiot live. The money is not being collected by the unemployed and highways make less cars stop locally. Or they going to build the roads? Oh wait - they're already built. #fool.

'user-pays principle was the only way to make a dent in SA's road maintenance backlog' - No sir, you doing your job will do this. The roads are already paid for and those funds are why we pay tax on fuel. #fool
Posted on 21 Aug 2014 16:09
H. J. Buell
H. J. Buell
There's no such thing as a 10-page website
Very well said.

"Any half-decent copywriter will easily be able to split your company up into 30 pages of specific search results... if your web development company cannot do the menu, SEO and copy for you, you're wasting your money, because your website is never going to work the way you want it to."
Posted on 21 Aug 2014 14:17
Stuart Magooze
Stuart Magooze
There's no such thing as a 10-page website
Insightful article. It all depends on what you want to achieve with your website. A 5 page website will not add any real value to your business. In this day and age, a website is there to generate leads, to grow your business. It is not a once off cost. Once you have a website and to get sales leads, people need to find your site, and that is where content marketing, search engine optimisation and pay per click marketing becomes extremely important. These critical seo elements will get your website ranking effectively in search engines.
Posted on 21 Aug 2014 14:17
Thabiso Dlamini
Thabiso Dlamini
South African PR practitioners can learn a lot from international PR professionals
Thank you for the response my brother. I conducted my PR in-service training in a government hospital a year ago and part of my duties included contributing towards the hospital's newsletter which would see me taking pictures and drafting articles. I believe in best practice so quite often I go online and look at what the big guys are doing out there. I would also log onto the department's intranet to see what other hospitals were doing and I tell you my brother it was disastrous, I believe my newsletter was the second best and only one guy who was an exceptional PRO from the most rural part of the province beat me so I looked up to him in certain aspects. I fell inlove with PR at the age of 15 where I told myself I would one day become a PRO so I was shocked when I spoke to some in the field who informed me they only got into PR because they had a problem with another course so having realized that they could have some modules accredited in PR they jumped ship. Some people told me they got into PR having realized there was space in PR intake. Brother I commend people like you because your passion is exactly what we need in order for companies to deem PR and communication as an essential department within the organization. PR is ever changing and upon obtaining your qualification you will realize that what you got to learn in tertiary is the basis as there is a wealth of information that we will learn from organizations such as PR News, PR Newswire, Daily PR, communication thought leaders from developed countries and our very own in South Africa as well. I am also in the process of learning and trust me with a lot of the things I have done I bench marked from companies and PR execs from oversees especially when I was a social media intern. I welcome your contribution because I believe our industry requires us to contribute through articles and these comments as well. We are not only about political leadership as we were taught but we need to be industry leaders as well.
Posted on 21 Aug 2014 12:37
dakalo ramabulana
dakalo ramabulana
Advertising industry must support local musicians
I just read the first three paragraphs of your article and I truthfully understand and stand with the point you are making. In addition to what you are saying; I have noticed in South Africa that most of the people who watch advertisements do not really understand the true message that the brand is trying to convey unless they are academically qualified with advertising or branding. Consequently, what it takes is to have something that people love and know about, and in South Africa it would be music because we love our own music as it is diverse
Posted on 21 Aug 2014 08:57
Catholic
A tax of 20% mooted for sugary drinks
pathetic!!!! what about job losses?
what about freedom of choice?

educate consumers - but at the end of the day it's their right to choose if they want to die because of sugar!
Posted on 21 Aug 2014 07:40
Daleen Totten
Daleen Totten
Bored to death: The quest to produce meaningful media
I just had to come back to read this article again. definitely struck a few cords. Fantastic job!
Posted on 20 Aug 2014 21:34
Global Press Release
Film industry set to increase SA tourism

This has already done a lot of damage to the SA film industry and many producers have tagged SA as unreliable and with unacceptable bureaucracy for film industry personnel.
Posted on 20 Aug 2014 19:02
Dena Wainman
Dena Wainman
Forbes Africa named top magazine amongst Africa's richest
Love this magazine SOOOO much :)
Posted on 20 Aug 2014 17:19
Reflection and recommitment from Marikana anniversary
Lets see if we can get President Jacob Zuma to give a commitment that he will stop looting taxpayers money first.
Posted on 20 Aug 2014 17:12
Asia's Ebola fears cause tour cancellations
The Ebola Virus Disease is here to control the population on the African continent.
Posted on 20 Aug 2014 16:50
DA 'shames' Motsoeneng, SABC
Hlaudi Motsoeneng never heard of the word shame.
Posted on 20 Aug 2014 16:48
Yummy Blu
Yummy Blu
Advertising industry must support local musicians
Well, as a Communications student who loves music I certainly agree with you Bonnie. Both industries are the type to adapt into ANY other field. I honestly don't understand why and how we couldn't possibly get them to grow together as one. We have very talented producers and bands.
How sad is it that our very own Civil Twilight only got featured in the Twilight saga by Americans?

We always complain that artists don't get paid well enough, that "Oh they do this out of love, so it must be easy for them". Honestly, that is the most ridiculous and offensive thing I've heard as a musician. I, therefore see the opportunity for advertisers to grab. Do what we were meant to do; bringing solutions.

Once again, thank you so much for this article. I will absolutely remember it when I start working.
Posted on 20 Aug 2014 16:34
joe cossa
joe cossa
SAARF-RAMS March 2014 - July 2014
is it possible to get the rams for NorthWest fm, Sunday show between 9 and 12
Posted on 20 Aug 2014 14:52
Neo Marumo-Mphaphuli
Neo Marumo-Mphaphuli
Advertising industry must support local musicians
I concur with your sentiments and perhaps we’ve failed to recall mnemonics influence to cultivate brand recognition. MaRamaila possibly Loeries introducing a music category shall bring an impetus for agencies, hence such a mechanism will only stimulate agencies to incorporate local music in adverts to make inroads comparable to the proliferation of TV ads resembling our multiculturalist country.

South Africa's unique musical sound resonates with audiences that will assist in seamlessly capturing audiences attention instead of relying upon creative asethetics and storylines.
Posted on 20 Aug 2014 14:34
Arthuro
Please Call Me - the call that came too late
Notwithstanding what the courts say and the valid reasons for Nkosana Makate not winning his case, the matter goes beyond the legalities of a court case. It is clear that this employee came up with a concept that was embraced by Vodacom and their use of that concept has earned them a huge packet of money. For them to adopt the attitude that they will not acknowledge that value and to not settle out of court, especially in the light of the fact that Vodacom are levying perhaps the highest usage rate to customers amongst the other service providers, smacks of greed, insensitivity and downright nastiness. I have therefore resolved not to renew my companies contracts with Vodacom when they expire (one has already expired and it has been placed with one of Vodacom's competitors) and I urge all sensible customers of Vodacom to do the same.
Posted on 20 Aug 2014 13:30
Letlhogonolo Legabe
Letlhogonolo Legabe
I always find it fascinating to read through anything relating to PR since I aspire to be amongst the industry leading experts. However, I find the article being too harsh especially on us newly graduates as you state 'large number of young people enrol for PR and communications qualifications, which is largely influenced by the minimum requirements required to enrol for the diploma or degree'. What about another bunch that is PR driven? Some of us are very passionate about PR, image and reputation, relation/ships, CSI etc. Yes, the PR industry is a bit behind as compared to International but as fellow PR practitioner lets do something about it, innovate ways to improve our standards and surely in few years to come we will be where and how we want to be. What is it that needs to be learned from international PR professionals?.I am open for critique after all I am here to learn.
Posted on 20 Aug 2014 11:47