Events & Conferencing comments

Maria Smith
Maria Smith
Good payment history vital for credit record
I have multiple accounts that have gone into collections and have been in collections for multiple years. I am attempting to repair my credit and have not even been able to get a secured credit card. What is the best way to repair my credit since paying it or direct personal loans off will not erase the negative effect it had on my score.
Posted on 30 Oct 2014 13:01
Eric Colbert
Eric Colbert
Portable storage is the ideal solution for any digital content dilemma
Technology is highly accessible these days. There are many options for us to choose from for any of our technological needs such as memory space and so on. I agree with this article that states portable memory is the best form of memory we can own. This is if we were to compare it against cloud storage or any other form of virtual memory space. Portable storages are usually much bigger in size and can be carried around easily because of their small and light physical size. Hence, it is a good choice for storage purpose.
Posted on 30 Oct 2014 07:18
Sandra Lee
Sandra Lee
Mobile money - time for a reality check?
I think this question should be solved in connection to the purchases you made. If you buy products in the market you should have cash, but if you like to make purchases sitting at home you should obviously have a bank account. Also it is useful because you may always get instant loans till payday from direct lenders only when you are lack of money, but necessary buy must be made. I guess every person should have such possibility.
Posted on 29 Oct 2014 17:19
geenmambo
e.tv: Golding claims of ANC/Sactwu threat to editorial independence refuted
typical typical Zuma thuggery..smacks of stalinist control.. get rid of the ANC to ensure sustained freedom!
Posted on 29 Oct 2014 10:20
MarsMan
New Afrikaans social media platform launched
I don't think that Steve Hofmeyr should become a poster boy for the first Afrikaans social network. Unless your aim is to promote derogatory, narrow minded, polarising discussions.

I think Afrikaans culture has enough demons, don't set yourself up for further racially motivated ridicule.

I would like to see more integration of languages and culture into existing platforms instead of localized culture platforms.
Posted on 29 Oct 2014 09:41
Eric Colbert
Eric Colbert
Always-on enterprise class storage is key
Cloud based storage is a good choice for personal uses or for businesses as well. They are accessible from anywhere, be it from the office or at home, hence making it very convenient. However, after the recent leak of personal data by the popular tech giant, Apple, cloud storage has decreased in its popularity. People opt for portable storage like external hard drives and so on. There are many options to explore on depending on your needs.
Posted on 29 Oct 2014 06:45
Benni Gholami
Benni Gholami
Tax tips: how property can save you money
I think it's really important to consider all the repurcussions that happen after you look at a house for sale or an apartment for sale. Even as its value adds to your asset portfolio, this article is right in telling you to be careful of other stamp duties and taxes that you'll be subject to the minute you list the property down as an investment of yours! Find a professional property agent to help you negotiate the complicated rules and legalities please!
Posted on 29 Oct 2014 06:19
Mel Brandle
Mel Brandle
Australia approves plan to dump dredge spoil in Barrier Reef
Sigh, I don't know how anybody in their right mind can approve of this dumping. Doesn't it make more sense to create a more sanitary storage area on land than dumping things into an already threatened eco system? There aren't very many other locations like the Great Barrier Reef that can take the place of ours if we don't do something to keep it safe now.
Posted on 29 Oct 2014 05:55
Thomas Maloney
Thomas Maloney
EYE showcases new billboards at Brisbane Airport
Billboards are a great platform for advertisement. However, it also depends on the location and whether or not it is a good strategy to actually place it there. For my supercheap storage facility for instance, we need to ensure the placement of the ad is somewhere near residential areas to target the people who actually utilize our services, who are actually residents who have potential to move houses.
Posted on 29 Oct 2014 05:49
Eric Colbert
Eric Colbert
Transnet may operate gas storage facility for energy firm
I suppose we should be happy that Sunrise Energy is planning ahead to accommodate increases in demand for energy by increasing their storage capacities. More important is to make sure that they've properly looked through their plans to ensure that things are constructed safe and soundly. I agree with @ThomasMaloney that they really need to think about the environment at the same time and not just focus on their profits here - expansion is really not all about getting the most bang for their buck, it's about the attached responsibility when doing so too.
Posted on 29 Oct 2014 05:22
Half Full Glass
New record for the Algoa FM Boardwalk Big Walk for Cancer
The only gripe I have was that as a I was not one of the first 6000 to register I did not get a T-Shirt - I was willing to pay for it! Considering that almost 10,000 registered - I saw numbers in the mid 9,000 range maybe the organisers should consider selling T-shirts to those who don't qualify - I reckon that hrough T-Shirt sales they could have realised at least an additional R250,000.
Posted on 28 Oct 2014 18:00
South Africa must work hard to raise rankings internationally
South Africa must work hard to raise rankings internationally to compete with the Mafia..
Posted on 28 Oct 2014 17:21
Pumeza Geelbooi
Pumeza Geelbooi
Soweto to host home building and renovation show
Hi, we doing counter tops like granite & marble stones. Would be a space for us to display our
Posted on 28 Oct 2014 16:58
Gillian van Zyl
Soweto to host home building and renovation show
Hi, How would I get more information on this? Thanks
Posted on 28 Oct 2014 15:59
Deidre Johnson
Deidre Johnson
Is the traditional CV enough?
Hi Angelique - I think you made a good point that candidates should maintain their digital presence. But I think most corporate recruiters won't have the resources to process digital / video CV's unless they are specifically recruiting for a social media specialist, given the typical IT security policies within corporates. I know of companies that don't even allow LinkedIn to be accessed from a corporate account, let alone Facebook, Twitter or Youtube :)
Posted on 28 Oct 2014 15:41
Christoph Karl
Christoph Karl
ECDC creating furniture from polyfibre production
How can the mixed material be receycled once the product has reached the end of it's life span? Or is this the end of the "cycle"?
Posted on 28 Oct 2014 13:26
Rod Baker
Evolution of point-of-sale systems
Hi Gene, the change has been made; apologies for the inconvenience. Regards Rod
Posted on 28 Oct 2014 09:57
Mel Brandle
Mel Brandle
SA building companies thriving in Australia
I can't really say much here except that competition is good news in some ways I guess. It's important for us to know where our assets are and not to hide them away in storage. And we ARE good in building, it's just that maybe we've gotten complacent. Well fellas, people are taking good revenue away from our home grown companies and we should do more about it!
Posted on 28 Oct 2014 05:27
Mel Brandle
Mel Brandle
Top spots in Australia to spend your vacation
I'm always sad when places in Adelaide don't show up on these "must visit" lists for Australia. There's just so much fun and laughter packed over here that you'll have to pack your things in storage and come spend more time with us here in order to experience it all.
Posted on 28 Oct 2014 05:09
Thomas Maloney
Thomas Maloney
Investec extends Australian property investments
As an end consumer, I feel that I am not greatly affected by property investments done by large corporations. However, when I buy or sell on a small scale I do feel that I need to be concerned about such transactions. The price I will be paying or receiving will be affected by what the large managements do behind the scenes. Whether it is for a small residential unit, or for a large commercial storage facility, the prices concerned are based on the actions they take.
Posted on 28 Oct 2014 04:46