Education & Training comments

Marisol Gutierrez
Always launches #LikeAGirl campaign
Bold, brilliant and beautiful! This, to me, personifies communication excellence and a super-savvy way to address gender-related issues.
Posted on 19 Aug 2014 16:47
PR Prior
DA's bid to oust Motsoeneng in court today
Thuli Mdonsella for President! She exhibits a willingness to state things as she sees them despite the potential for political condemnation. And, she is one of the few Public Figures who adheres the ethical standards and moral compass that is required.for a Leader.

Robin Prior.
Posted on 19 Aug 2014 16:04
Vusumzi Nobadula
Makate loses 'Please Call Me' case against Vodacom
This case reminds me of what we called the Reverse Call in the '80s. Is this Please Call Me not a modern version of the Reverse Call? If so, the person who reinvented it must be rewarded for it.
Posted on 19 Aug 2014 15:20
Thabiso Dlamini
Thabiso Dlamini
South African PR practitioners can learn a lot from international PR professionals
My brother I am not a PR expert yet I acknowledge that there is a lot we can learn. This is an article which seeks to highlight the issues affecting public relations in South Africa and one solution I proposed is learning from international PR pros, conduct research my brother if you are to use those solutions. As for stating it is just another black guy, I agree it is just another black guy and we need to change that another black guy.
Posted on 19 Aug 2014 15:07
Vusi Sindane
Vusi Sindane
Thought I would actually learn what international PR pros do differently but alas, another black guy ranting about how things are falling apart without offering any solutions!
Posted on 19 Aug 2014 14:21
jaycee van rooyen
jaycee van rooyen
Labour probes building sector
Instead of concentrating on enforcing proper building practices, they'd rather safeguard the interests of incompetency. The industry is suffering because of builders with doubtful reputations and almost no proper structures to ensure they adhere to good practice. This serves the builder well but the client is the loser, with the industry accumulating distrust.
Posted on 19 Aug 2014 13:15
Ashley van Heerden
Ashley van Heerden
Facebook Messenger: Handing over your privacy
So hectic. I'm happy I have a Blackberry and it has not yet filtered through. When I accessed FB on my tab though it asked me to download FB messenger, everyone had rated it one star on 'app world', saying that it drastically reduces your phone performance... users beware.
Posted on 19 Aug 2014 12:33
Richard Gee
Richard Gee
The Blue Train... a trip down luxury lane
Just a pity it hardly works. My step brother from Switzerland has booked the CPT-PTA trip 5 times (over 5 years). Not because he loved it so much, but as the previous 4 trips were delayed by 24hrs or cancelled.
Posted on 19 Aug 2014 12:18
Anita Holley
Shifting to the next phase of CRM: Marketing automation
Thanks for the very informative article Lauren and I totally agree, with the fragmentation of digital marketing channels, marketing automation is an absolute must to help co-ordinate your message online, via email and even at events. In addition, most good MA platforms offer lead nurturing capabilities, which with customers looking to self-educate are invaluable and also lead scoring which is closing the gap between sales and marketing. In fact having used Marketing Automation, integrated with my CRM system for a while, I would go so far as to say sales and marketing teams can be friends. How? Well for me the big win of integrating Marketing Automation with CRM is the ability to share the lead intelligence with Sales. Sales can now see exactly what a contact has done i.e. web pages viewed, content downloaded, blogs read etc. and therefore get an idea of what the contact is interested in. This information then helps the salesperson prepare for the first initial sales call, leading to significantly improved conversion rates – a win, win check out this practitioners guide for more info http://www.max.co.uk/landing/driving-sales-with-content

Anita Holley
Maximizer CRM
www.max.co.uk
Posted on 19 Aug 2014 11:30
Anita Holley
Shifting to the next phase of CRM: Marketing automation

Anita Holley
Maximizer CRM
www.max.co.uk
Posted on 19 Aug 2014 11:26
Hilton Naish
Hilton Naish
Denel making sustainable profits again
About bloody time
Posted on 19 Aug 2014 11:20
Smits
Food and beverages industry income up in June
May the writer of this article please get in touch with me if they are interested in doing a review on a new product being launched in SA.

Thanks
Posted on 19 Aug 2014 07:22
Llewellyn Kriel
Llewellyn Kriel
A saga in three chapters
Anton has touched on a characteristic of SA newsrooms in particular and SA journalism in general. It is not unlike the Mafia's sacred oath of Omertà, the code of silence. LIke any such code, it is only as good as it it holds. If even a tiny crack appears, the entire edifice comes crashing down to the ultimate detriment of all involved.

Having seen the ugly face of SA media Omertà firsthand, and having fought against it for decades, I am not in the least surprised to see the Sunday Times is involved. It is part of the Times Media Group, itself boasting an obscene history of hanging individuals out to dry while insisting it doesn't air its laundry in the public eye - a hilariously puerile confusion of idioms if ever there was one!

But the sad truth is that neither ST nor Times Media, nor even Wa Afrika and Munusamy are isolated. The cancer of Omertà runs through every media group, every newsroom and across the desk of every don, er sorry, every editor in SA. We the public, gullible, naive and trusting as we are, do not deserve this cloak-and-dagger secrecy. And for exposing it for what it is, Anton deserves our thanks.
Posted on 18 Aug 2014 19:35
shiks
Zuku launches new channels in Uganda
It's a good thing that zuku is airs local channels for free. When I dont pay for gotv the only channel I can watch is KBC and it does not have sound.
Posted on 18 Aug 2014 19:32
Peter van der Schyff
Peter van der Schyff
The awesome power of an apology
I couldn't agree more, Chris. Although it is a touch dated by now, the excellent example set by Patrick Doyle, President of Domino's Pizza in the US remains a great example and learning experience for those who find it hard to say "We're sorry". Two of their employees at a store in North Carolina did vile things to customers' pizzas and then went on to video record what they were doing and posted them on YouTube. Not only did the President of the biggest pizza franchise in the world personally apologize, but he did the following right things and we should all learn from that:
- Extend your apology on the same forum where the damage was done
- Be sincere and let your face and voice reflect that
- Say honestly what went wrong
- Say what you are doping about it
- Thank your stakeholders for hanging in there with you
- Promote your brand as you conclude your apology.
I cannot tell it better than getting your followers to watch the video here:
Posted on 18 Aug 2014 16:28
Karen Salazar
How speech analytics is changing the contact centre
The points made in this piece are valid, and even more pertinent for particular industries. For instance, for companies in financial services, I'd go a step further to suggest the discussion about how to implement call recording has morphed to become more than just a debatable discussion topic; it's become a necessity. Many companies across our client base are faced with adhering to stringent regulation requirements such as Dodd-Frank -- something that can get really tricky in today's mobile age. Dodd-Frank deadlines are looming, and though many firms may have been holding off on putting advanced call recording solutions into place, they cannot wait any longer. Smart firms will look for a few key aspects in solutions to ensure they meet Dodd-Frank requirements head on: call recording solutions should span land line and mobile recording, should be easily and cost effectively deployed, and they need to stick, meaning they need to be permanent, unable to be disabled by users.
Posted on 18 Aug 2014 04:45
Bubzam
PR hourly rates
Jacob Matsosa ,Jacob.matsosa@gmail.com
Posted on 17 Aug 2014 11:44
Jean-Marc Vogt
Jean-Marc Vogt
Stephen Burke forms specialised radio advertising agency
How can I get in touch with you, I have some radio advert college projects that I produced and scripted from scratch I'd like to share with, because I agree totally with what you say about radio advertising
jmvmemestudios@gmail.com
Posted on 16 Aug 2014 13:59
PeterD.
The Open Window School of Visual Communication - 2013
I like the idea with Open Window School. essaywritinghere.com It is really awesome. And useful.
Posted on 15 Aug 2014 23:01
Ja,Nee
Propaganda war is now in the hands of the people
Propaganda in the hands of the people? Is that not an oxymoron?
Posted on 15 Aug 2014 14:55