Mobile comments

Catholic
A tax of 20% mooted for sugary drinks
pathetic!!!! what about job losses?
what about freedom of choice?

educate consumers - but at the end of the day it's their right to choose if they want to die because of sugar!
Posted on 21 Aug 2014 07:40
Daleen Totten
Daleen Totten
Bored to death: The quest to produce meaningful media
I just had to come back to read this article again. definitely struck a few cords. Fantastic job!
Posted on 20 Aug 2014 21:34
Global Press Release
Film industry set to increase SA tourism

This has already done a lot of damage to the SA film industry and many producers have tagged SA as unreliable and with unacceptable bureaucracy for film industry personnel.
Posted on 20 Aug 2014 19:02
Dena Wainman
Dena Wainman
Forbes Africa named top magazine amongst Africa's richest
Love this magazine SOOOO much :)
Posted on 20 Aug 2014 17:19
Reflection and recommitment from Marikana anniversary
Lets see if we can get President Jacob Zuma to give a commitment that he will stop looting taxpayers money first.
Posted on 20 Aug 2014 17:12
Asia's Ebola fears cause tour cancellations
The Ebola Virus Disease is here to control the population on the African continent.
Posted on 20 Aug 2014 16:50
DA 'shames' Motsoeneng, SABC
Hlaudi Motsoeneng never heard of the word shame.
Posted on 20 Aug 2014 16:48
Yummy Blu
Yummy Blu
Advertising industry must support local musicians
Well, as a Communications student who loves music I certainly agree with you Bonnie. Both industries are the type to adapt into ANY other field. I honestly don't understand why and how we couldn't possibly get them to grow together as one. We have very talented producers and bands.
How sad is it that our very own Civil Twilight only got featured in the Twilight saga by Americans?

We always complain that artists don't get paid well enough, that "Oh they do this out of love, so it must be easy for them". Honestly, that is the most ridiculous and offensive thing I've heard as a musician. I, therefore see the opportunity for advertisers to grab. Do what we were meant to do; bringing solutions.

Once again, thank you so much for this article. I will absolutely remember it when I start working.
Posted on 20 Aug 2014 16:34
joe cossa
joe cossa
SAARF-RAMS March 2014 - July 2014
is it possible to get the rams for NorthWest fm, Sunday show between 9 and 12
Posted on 20 Aug 2014 14:52
Neo Marumo-Mphaphuli
Neo Marumo-Mphaphuli
Advertising industry must support local musicians
I concur with your sentiments and perhaps we’ve failed to recall mnemonics influence to cultivate brand recognition. MaRamaila possibly Loeries introducing a music category shall bring an impetus for agencies, hence such a mechanism will only stimulate agencies to incorporate local music in adverts to make inroads comparable to the proliferation of TV ads resembling our multiculturalist country.

South Africa's unique musical sound resonates with audiences that will assist in seamlessly capturing audiences attention instead of relying upon creative asethetics and storylines.
Posted on 20 Aug 2014 14:34
Arthuro
Please Call Me - the call that came too late
Notwithstanding what the courts say and the valid reasons for Nkosana Makate not winning his case, the matter goes beyond the legalities of a court case. It is clear that this employee came up with a concept that was embraced by Vodacom and their use of that concept has earned them a huge packet of money. For them to adopt the attitude that they will not acknowledge that value and to not settle out of court, especially in the light of the fact that Vodacom are levying perhaps the highest usage rate to customers amongst the other service providers, smacks of greed, insensitivity and downright nastiness. I have therefore resolved not to renew my companies contracts with Vodacom when they expire (one has already expired and it has been placed with one of Vodacom's competitors) and I urge all sensible customers of Vodacom to do the same.
Posted on 20 Aug 2014 13:30
Letlhogonolo Legabe
Letlhogonolo Legabe
South African PR practitioners can learn a lot from international PR professionals
I always find it fascinating to read through anything relating to PR since I aspire to be amongst the industry leading experts. However, I find the article being too harsh especially on us newly graduates as you state 'large number of young people enrol for PR and communications qualifications, which is largely influenced by the minimum requirements required to enrol for the diploma or degree'. What about another bunch that is PR driven? Some of us are very passionate about PR, image and reputation, relation/ships, CSI etc. Yes, the PR industry is a bit behind as compared to International but as fellow PR practitioner lets do something about it, innovate ways to improve our standards and surely in few years to come we will be where and how we want to be. What is it that needs to be learned from international PR professionals?.I am open for critique after all I am here to learn.
Posted on 20 Aug 2014 11:47
Angus Begg
Angus Begg
A saga in three chapters
Lovely insight. Even refreshing. I'd love to offer an insight (snippets) into the SABC in the 90s and early 2000s..
Posted on 20 Aug 2014 11:32
Marisol Gutierrez
Always launches #LikeAGirl campaign
Bold, brilliant and beautiful! This, to me, personifies communication excellence and a super-savvy way to address gender-related issues.
Posted on 19 Aug 2014 16:47
PR Prior
DA's bid to oust Motsoeneng in court today
Thuli Mdonsella for President! She exhibits a willingness to state things as she sees them despite the potential for political condemnation. And, she is one of the few Public Figures who adheres the ethical standards and moral compass that is required.for a Leader.

Robin Prior.
Posted on 19 Aug 2014 16:04
Vusumzi Nobadula
Makate loses 'Please Call Me' case against Vodacom
This case reminds me of what we called the Reverse Call in the '80s. Is this Please Call Me not a modern version of the Reverse Call? If so, the person who reinvented it must be rewarded for it.
Posted on 19 Aug 2014 15:20
Thabiso Dlamini
Thabiso Dlamini
My brother I am not a PR expert yet I acknowledge that there is a lot we can learn. This is an article which seeks to highlight the issues affecting public relations in South Africa and one solution I proposed is learning from international PR pros, conduct research my brother if you are to use those solutions. As for stating it is just another black guy, I agree it is just another black guy and we need to change that another black guy.
Posted on 19 Aug 2014 15:07
Vusi Sindane
Vusi Sindane
Thought I would actually learn what international PR pros do differently but alas, another black guy ranting about how things are falling apart without offering any solutions!
Posted on 19 Aug 2014 14:21
jaycee van rooyen
jaycee van rooyen
Labour probes building sector
Instead of concentrating on enforcing proper building practices, they'd rather safeguard the interests of incompetency. The industry is suffering because of builders with doubtful reputations and almost no proper structures to ensure they adhere to good practice. This serves the builder well but the client is the loser, with the industry accumulating distrust.
Posted on 19 Aug 2014 13:15
Ashley van Heerden
Ashley van Heerden
Facebook Messenger: Handing over your privacy
So hectic. I'm happy I have a Blackberry and it has not yet filtered through. When I accessed FB on my tab though it asked me to download FB messenger, everyone had rated it one star on 'app world', saying that it drastically reduces your phone performance... users beware.
Posted on 19 Aug 2014 12:33