The Shanduka Blackpages enterprise and supplier development portal not only links 100% black-owned companies to procurement managers but also provides a host of essential online business training courses to those who join this innovative and fast-growing online site.
Everyone who joins can access a number of vital training programmes for both seasoned entrepreneurs and new kids on the block. The concise but comprehensive Introduction to the Business Environment course is a must as it gives participants an insight into understanding how the South African small business environment works and how to think like an entrepreneur.
The programme, which can be completed in 45 minutes, shows:
- How the economy affects the appeal of entrepreneurship, and vice versa
- What an entrepreneur is and does, and what characteristics make them successful
- More about the South African business environment and the challenges that South African entrepreneurs face
- How to identify and value an opportunity
- The steps required before starting and operating an enterprise
- The practical steps required in order to start a business
The Shanduka Blackpages online education portal is provided by Shanduka Black Umbrellas. The aim of the education portal is to provide Shanduka Blackpages members with practical learning opportunities to help enhance the knowledge required in running their business effectively and efficiently as well as enhancing their abilities to access procurement and finance opportunities.
All courses are provided by leading service providers and are free of charge. Courses are only available to validated Shanduka Blackpages members.
The courses currently available include:
- Introduction to small business management
- Identifying new business opportunities
- The legal environment
- Financing decisions
- Financial management
- Human resources
- Overview of BBE requirements applicable to small business
Shanduka Blackpages members can take up either basic or premium membership. Basic membership is free, while premium membership is available for R99 a month plus VAT. Premium members receive additional benefits, such as being able to view detailed information about tender opportunities and accessing various products and services at competitive rates. In time, they will also have access to finance service providers.
Shanduka Black Umbrellas (SBU), established in 2006, is a non-profit incubation enterprise development service provider which seeks to deliver real and meaningful transformation through empowered business growth. The organisation currently supports over 100 businesses in its incubators in Johannesburg, Durban, Pretoria and Cape Town.
Find out more on: www.shandukablackpages.co.za