Following the EXSA AGM held during the EXSA Conference, EXSA is delighted to announce that Brad Alder of Octanorm has been voted in as the new EXSA chairman. EXSA (the Exhibition and Event Association of Southern Africa) is now in its 34th year and has three Forums within the Association - Venues; Organisers; and Services/Suppliers.
There are seven new members to the Board which is made up as follows:
Immediate Past Chair: Compex, Nigel Walker
Treasurer: Hypenica, Jason King
- Concept G, Andrew Gibbs (Services Forum)
- Octanorm, Brad Alder (Services Forum)
- Gallagher Estate - Rachel Jowahir (Venue Forum)
- CTICC - Lindy Geyer (Venue Forum)
- ExpoTrends: Elizabeth Morley (Organiser Forum)
- Three Cities: Natalie Naude (Organiser Forum)
- Thebe Reed: Carol Weaving (Organiser Forum)
- Inkanyezi: Andrew Binning (Organiser Forum)
- SSQ - Cara Nortman (Young Professionals Forum)
- Agri Expo - Ann Dalton (Western Cape Forum)
- Conker Exhibitions - Clive Shedlock (KZN Forum)
Brad commented that he was looking forward to working with the new board and implementing new initiatives and drives to increase the association's membership and to promote exhibitions to the wider marketing fraternity. "As an association we are seeing an increase in new titles and organisers coming into the market which augers well for the future. Our conference was a great success with the theme "Future Proofing the Exhibition Industry" throwing up some interesting ideas."