Search-based marketing will be the theme of the third Thought Leadership Digibate, hosted by Aegis Media in conjunction with Bizcommunity.com. To be held at 9am on Thursday, 19 January 2012, at Crystal Towers Hotel & Spa in Cape Town, the digital debate will be driven by Clickthinking and broadcast live via mobile
Panelists will discuss and debate digital marketing trends that affect South Africa, Africa and the globe and will be hosted by some of the most influential people in this sphere. The Thought Leadership Digibates have been operating since September 2011 and have covered relevant topics pertaining to Africa, including extensive insights on the digital and out-of-home sectors.
Says Aegis Media Sub-Saharan Africa CEO and Digibates moderator Dawn Rowlands, "Google is a part of our daily lives and the aim is for digital marketers to have their brands at the top of the results list and a parallel goal is to convert browsers into buyers once they connect to the website.
"We are delighted to be able to have the connections internally and externally who can speak with authority on search marketing and hope that the media marketing sector will be enlightened after listening what the experts have to say.
- Peter Stewart, MD of Clickthinking / iProspect
- Etienne Beneke, head of SEO, Clickthinking/iProspect
- Kerri Smith, senior innovation lead, mobile, iProspect USA
- Paul Galatis, founder of Yuppiechef
- Jon Ratcliffe, Google South Africa
- Search origins: where did it all begin?
- Google's dominance
- Search components - PPC, SEO, natural search - can be quite confusing to the ordinary marketer. So what are they and how do they differ?
- How true are the rumours that SEO is dying?
- What is the most expensive paid-for search term?
- What are some of the common misconceptions when it comes to search with marketers?
- International search trends
- How big is search locally? Why is this significant?
- Advice for marketers today
- What can we expect in the next 3-5 years? Will someone challenge Google?
Listen live via www.bizradio.co.za
- or listen to the podcasts here on Bizcommunity
after the debate. BizRadio is the creation of Ingrid von Stein, Grant Jansen, Chris Kolbe and Colin Jones, who together bring combined skills and expertise from the worlds of traditional radio, media, strategic communications and entrepreneurship. [Note: BizRadio is an independent company and is not connected with Bizcommunity in any way.
The official Twitter hashtag is #aegisTL
Listen every month
The Thought Leader Digibates are held monthly and include a panel of leading media-marketing experts who will discuss, debate and share their knowledge - gleaned over years of experience - with a wider audience. The official Twitter hashtag is #aegisTL
. Updated at 4.21pm on 18 January 2012.