Jacaranda FM is honoured to have walked away with two awards at the 2014 MTN Radio Awards ceremony in Sandton on Saturday evening, building on a string of major successes over the past year. The station was nominated for no less than 17 awards, including one in the category for the coveted 'Best Commercial Radio Station'.
Alex McMaster after winning Best Programe Innovation award at MTN Radio Awards for 'Give Kili Horns'
Jacaranda FM Programme Manager Naveen Singh accepting the Multichannel Award for 'Lala kakuhle Tata'
The Martin Bester Drive team walked away with 'Best Programme Innovation' for their Give Kili Horns campaign, while the station also won 'Best Multi-Channel Promotion' for Lalakakuhle Tata.
Jacaranda FM general manager Kevin Fine says, "Acknowledgement on this level is such an accolade for anyone in the industry and we're so proud of our award winners. Our teams will continue to keep improving the on-air and transmedia product that we put out every dayand this is a boost in the right direction."
2013/2014 has been a year crammed with innovation for Jacaranda FM. It saw the entire Complimentary Breakfast Team embark on the 'Love Tour'; visiting fans in Limpopo and Mpumalanga. The past year also brought about one of the station's biggest charity drives with 'Let's Give Kili Horns' collecting over R1.6-million towards anti rhino poaching efforts. Always at the forefront of broadcast innovation Jacaranda FM also offered listeners bold new content with an iTunes album so popular it launched at number one on the South African iTunes catalogue.
Jacaranda FM's full list of MTN Radio awards nominees:
1. Afternoon Drive Presenter - Martin Bester - Martin Bester Drive
2. Afternoon Drive Show - Martin Bester Drive
3. Community Project - Martin Bester Drive - OumaSkulpie meets Graeme Smith
4. Community Project - Good Morning Angels for The Complimentary Breakfast
5. Content Producer - Mike Savage
6. Daytime Show - Barney Simon's Workzone
7. Multi-Channel Promotion - The iTunes No1
8. Multi-Channel Promotion - Foot in the Door
9. Multi-Channel Promotion - Lalakakuhle Tata
10. Music Show - Barney Simon's Closet Classix
11. Night Time Show - The Anne Hirsch Show
12. On-Air Packaging - Lalakakuhle Tata
13. On-Air Packaging - Summer by Ave Maseti
14. Programme Innovation - Martin Bester Drive's Snow Baby
15. Programme Innovation - Martin Bester Drive's Give Kili Horns
16. Weekend Radio Show - Barney Simon's Closet Classix
17. Station of the Year - Jacaranda FM